slightly frustrated with Ottawa WLC.

Chanelle1022
on 8/17/12 6:49 am
I am happy to say I have passed my psych eval and am scheduled to see the nut and behav end of august.  All that there is left to do for me to advance to the surgery class- meet the surgeron stuff and to have my GI scope scheduled...

Someone had posted yesterday about how they contacted Lana and she was able to get that scheduled for her.. so I figured I would try as my scope was ordered July 7th ( 4 days after the poster).

I left a message and received a phone call just now from Kate, front desk and asked me what I was calling in regards to... well I was slightly annoyed as I clearly stated in my message that I Was looking to speak with Lana in regards to the scope situation and wondered if there had been any headway in scheduling this, and if she could call me back to discuss it... Way to not listen to my message Kate.

Anyways, after explaining to KAte why I had called to speak to LANA, she said  that the WLC had no part in scheduling this, that the department who did the scope would contact me with an appointment and let me know themselves, not via the WLC....

I am confused... I thought the WLC had a hand in every test  they  requested for a patient... sigh...

It would seem that anytime I call I get a vm- dont leave messages - because its always front desk that calls me back... I don't think I have yet to speak with Lana.

Guess just needed to vent.. sorry.... Ack!

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

jewel-twin
on 8/17/12 7:03 am - Canada
Im not with that center but I think I would continue to call back a couple times a day until I could reach the right person.... don't leave voicemails if your not getting anywhere...

Good luck... Use your "***** PLEASE" voice if you need to... Tell the front desk only a small amount of what you are looking for...so you would say for instance "May I speak with Lana" if they say regarding what? You say "I spoke with her previously in regards to a test she is sending me for and I have some questions for her"....

good luck.
DebbieML
on 8/17/12 7:27 am - Gloucester, Canada
I'm sorry to hear that Chanelle.  When I called yesterday the front desk asked why I wanted to speak with Lana.  I told her that I had been referred for a scope on July 3rd and wanted to see if I the appoitment had been made.  I was put right through to Lana's line and I left a message on her voicemail.  She called me back within an hour with the dates.  She did say that the file was already on her desk and she had been looking at dates for me. 

I would call back and ask again to speak to Lana.  As you know, getting to the point of surgery is a long process, and I am sure they deal with a lot of people pressuring them for dates.  Just be pleasant and hopefully they will put you through to Lana.  Remember, honey attracts bees better than vinegar. 

If you don't have any luck, Lana will likely call you in the very near future to schedule the next steps anyways.

Good luck.
Debbie
Referal: June 23, 2011;  Info: August 26, 2011;  Dr.: July3, 2012; U/S: July 13, 2012;  Beh/Nut: Aug 13, 2012;  Ed class: Aug 22, 2012;  Scope: Sept 7, 2012;  Met with surgeons fellow: Sept 17, 2012; SURGERY: Nov 16, 2012 with Dr. Mamazza.  

aprilflowers
on 8/17/12 7:36 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
My surgeon's office contacted me and scheduled my endoscopy, the WLC had no part in it.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/12 8:03 am - Canada
i found the ladies at the front desk/ reception are quite moody. I sometimes called and they were very helpfull and other times they seemed mad at me for calling them. I don't know maybe i called when they were playing angry birds or something lol. But i just thought well it is what it is and moved on.
Moselle
on 8/17/12 8:39 am - Athens, Canada
I think the whole process is designed to test not only our resolve to getting the surgery but our patience!  The process is most definitely not perfect but it's worth the wait. 

Keep the faith and good luck.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get through the final stages and you get your surgery date soon.
cutekatie
on 8/17/12 8:43 am
RNY on 05/16/12
Another thing to remember is that if you leave a message at the WMC clinic it's going to be one of the receptionists returning your call.  Lana has her own extension and her own voice mail.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Chanelle1022
on 8/17/12 9:00 am
would you happen to know that her number and extension is?

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

ecart69
on 8/17/12 8:45 am - Canada
I hear ya' !!
I had my info session in March 2011 and I'm still waiting for 3 more appointments.   Radiology at the Hospital will call you to make the apts you are still waiting for.   I've been trying to get my apt for a scope since January.   Crap!  that was nearly 9mths ago.   For the most part I think the WLC is great but a bit slow.   although when I first starting going there I heard there were over 1500 people on the waitlist for GBS.

uggg is right!! 

good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics