Having a harder time to eat!

BrigitteD
on 9/4/12 7:29 am - Sumerstown, Canada
I find that I'm now having a harder time to eat almost 4 months out then I did when I first came out.  No appetite!  No creavings, is this normal and will it stay or change?  Thanks in advance for any of your knowledge.

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Monica M.
on 9/4/12 8:37 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
hard to say what's normal. Appetite waxes and wanes.

It will likely change. Are you getting in your nutrients?

Patm
on 9/4/12 8:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I would say enjoy it. Most people complain about wanting food and over eating so enjoy and just make sure you still do eat all your protein. I often do not feel hungry and think it is great

BrigitteD
on 9/4/12 9:24 am - Sumerstown, Canada
The days I can't eat all my protein I drink them.  Like thie morning I was able to get 1/2 a cup of scrambled eggs.  For lunch 3 oz of chicken.  Now I'm drinking my 40g of protein with cristal light.  Hoping I'll be able to eat more for super.

Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

linda11665
on 9/4/12 9:44 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hey Girl, Yes this is normal...Even at one year out I still get those days where I would be very happy if I did not eat.  But I eat my three meals a day...

It is good that you are getting in all your protein.  Keep doing what you are doing.  Remember you are still healing...

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/12 10:54 am - Straford, Canada
I am just a little behind your timeline and I have noticed over the last two weeks large fluctuation in my hunger/interest in food.  Some days I just can't find the time to eat a slow meal so I drink it on the go.  The dietician at TWH said I should try and get my protein from solids but some days I just can't.  I almost never have a craving for food.  All the best, Regards, Ian
kellybelly333
on 9/5/12 7:17 am - Toronto, Canada
I miss that!! LOL. I just made sure I got all my protein in at that stage. I still have my ups and downs. But it's mostly ups now at almost a year and a half later. PMS is the worst, and then I have a lovely respite the first week of my cycle where I don't feel that hungry. The rest of the time, I struggle.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

BrigitteD
on 9/5/12 8:23 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Glade to know this is temporary. I was afraid that if keeps on I would get to a very unhealthy weight and that worried me!  Thanks everybody!

After opti        220                                           

niceeyes72
on 9/7/12 9:44 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

Hey Brigitte!
I feel the same way....There are days when food is of no interest..... but I also have times when I think about eating all those tasty, bad foods I USED to eat....

I am glad you are getting your protein in!!!
I need to get better at that!!!!

I ran out of my protein powder this week and I need to get more!!!
See you Monday???

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics