surgery date

macrobug1
on 9/7/12 8:01 am
 Nov 8th!!!!!
RazzBJam
on 9/7/12 8:08 am - Canada
Congrats on your surgery date!! :)  I am sure it will come so fast.

niceeyes72
on 9/7/12 8:14 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

AWESOME!!!! Congrats!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Vi-Vi
on 9/7/12 8:16 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 So happy for you!  What hospital?  When do you start Opti?
macrobug1
on 9/7/12 9:18 am
 TWH

Oct 19th.  I am going to try the optifast but if I run into trouble I have the green light to switch to the real food restrictive diet.  I expect that if I am going to react it will happen by the second day.  Gah.   
Vi-Vi
on 9/7/12 9:24 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 I'm so excited for you!  Do you think you have alergies to opti?
I see Dr. Penner or something like that!  Is that who you saw?  
I go on 5 oct so I really hope my surgery is this year!!!
macrobug1
on 9/7/12 2:32 am, edited 9/7/12 2:32 am
 I saw Urbach. What a cutie. 

I am allergic to corn. The third ingredient is corn. Yeah

I hope you do too!!
Cuter_w_Curves
on 9/7/12 11:27 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Ok... Good news... Bad news... Also allergic to corn (I feel your agony). I tollerated Opti for a lot longer then anyone thought I would.

That said I lived on corn free antihistamines for part of time. I needed the end result.

What severity is your allergy? I was in a low reaction phase at the time and worry about going back to Opti.

For me I range based on my own immune system it seems. If life is crappy an my immune system is in overdrive I am anaphylactic to popcorn being made (effing Kernels in all the stinking malls and store staff making it at work kills me), and in the low stage I can take a 25mg or 50mg benedryl and go to the movies as long as I have clothing covering me from neck, to wrists, and full shoes, and pants... With a shower, and all my clothing turned inside out, and bagged for laundry after.

I am everything from ananphyliactic with airborne (and skin reactions if enough particles are in the air), consumed can range from mild (hives, and skin reactions) through wild (anaphylactic), to contact reactions for skin, etc. Not to mention killing the internal works if I consume with regularity.

Most of us walk a fine line with getting our arses booted by the world with regularity but I can, and have gone 100% corn free for extended periods in high reaction times in life.

Sorry got a bit carried away and rather excited to not be "alone" (though I know there are 8 within 20 minutes of me with the allergy... I am the only known one who ranges to the severe reaction. Most are mild to moderate.)

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

macrobug1
on 9/7/12 10:49 pm
 Know what you mean about Kernals in the mall. The smell makes me nauseated and itchy. I get hives from touching corn on the cobb.  The powder in medical gloves sometimes contain corn starch which have caused me to develop rash up my arms and across the torso.  I have had a swillen tongue and red swollen lips after eating processed food with corn in it. 
I can tolerate a certain amount daily but I start to get an upset stomach and "wire brush in tummy" sensation if I eat too much.  Optifast 4 times a day is going to be a challedge. But the dieticians are aware and will work with me :)

Cuter_w_Curves
on 9/8/12 12:13 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
I will cross my fingers for you! Sounds like you have a similar reaction to consuming corn when I am in my low-moderate reaction phases.

I found I needed to use more water, and drink a lot of water after having them. It seemed to keep things moving. I will cross my fingers for you.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics