I am going nuts

Niki L.
on 9/25/12 10:05 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
so i was told just a few days ago i will be having surgery on oct 15th so much do do as a mother of 6. I have been so good with eating but now it is like should i be bad 1 more day i have not had chips for 5 weeks and man oh man i miss them so much also cant sleep as i keep think of what i need to get done and am i going to hate optifast as i am so picky and hate smells my brain just will not turn off i am sure i want to have it done just so many unknowns i am sure we all go thought this.
Niki

Karen M.
on 9/25/12 10:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada
All I can say is if you *think* you'll hate Optifast, then you will.  And if you *think* it's going to be a terrible time, it will be.  Instead think of what your goal in all this is and believe that you can do it.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

flyingwoman
on 9/25/12 11:12 pm
Soo true!

To the OP: The #1 best thing you can do for yourself on the journey you're stepping into is to be willing to challenge all of your ideas what you do/don't like, what you can/can't do, what you can / can't stand.

Optifast is not that bad. The first three days are hard (might want to arrange for extra help with the kids), but some of us even found the Opti process pleasant. There's lots of ways to dress it up, and if you look at what it means (that you're on your way to freedom) and keep that in mind, well, you can do anything.

Best of luck to you!

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
4-Jane
on 9/25/12 10:32 pm, edited 9/25/12 10:36 pm - Canada
 Wow if I had six children I think I'd feel like I was going nuts to are they little ones or older I read a tip from other member that they used a cup with a lid liked the taste but not the smell and it worked well for them 
lm per op but am Mother to only half as many kids so know that the planning and prep work is a lot. Just try to remember every thing is made more difficult when we do not have enough rest
 Respectfully Jane
Catw
on 9/25/12 10:33 pm - Arnprior, Canada

It is a lot to do at the last minute.  As for Optifast, you will get through that.  It doesn't smell bad, at least the Chocolate one didn't.  If you are worried about the smell, get one of those reusable cups with a straw.  Then you can't smell it.  And if you don't like a flavour, you can add stuff to it like SF syrops and extracts.

You'll be fine!

Good luck with the prep for surgery.

Cathy

mermaidz
on 9/25/12 10:53 pm - Brampton, Canada
Just exactly what is it you have to do?

Between you and I? I make lists.. and  yeah occasionally I DO lose the lists but.. make a list of what you have to do..then number the "gotta do this" in order of necessity.

Think of how proud you will be of yourself if you can get to Oct15th with NO CHIPS!

What tastes appeal to your tastebuds? Caramel? Strawberry? Go buy those SF extracts or flavours.. add them to your Optifast.. Try not to be making it not good before you actually get there..

good luck

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Niki L.
on 9/25/12 11:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Ty you guys the old me would just eat the chips and say oh well i will not have them tomorrow i took a few deep breaths and was like i am going to do this and i am going to do just fine with the optifast and lol i have lists for my list lol in one way i feel bad that i am for the 1st time in a long time putting me 1st and it is not easy hubby and the kids are so great about all this hubby has been at every appt moving his work around me so sweet of him and kids have been giving me ideas of what they can do as well oh and well we were camping kids took our dog for a walk and oh no she and my cuz dog well we are going to have puppies and she is due on oct 15th lol also just changed are diseny trip as we were going over christmas now not till aug that was hard for me to tell the kids i know we could have gone but i want to this time not be fat going see i have so much on the go but i am going to do this and taking today and tomorrow to get done what needs to be done than i am going to enjoy this time getting ready for a healthier me ty for listening Niki ps sorry for going on and on

Niki L.
on 9/25/12 11:14 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Also my kids are 8 to 19 and are the best kids ever

dna
on 9/26/12 12:47 am - Canada
8 - 19 is GOOD.  They can take care of themselves mostly.  I would make LOTS of freezer meals, that way when you are exhausted and don't want to get off the couch or you are sore or whatever you can pop one in the crockpot and forget about it.

I like the list idea.  That way it won't seem so overwhelming. 

Wait till you can have Melba toast after :)  totally just like chips !  I was a former chip freak too.  I didn't get to 256 pounds eating veggies and chicken. 

For me, I put Opti in a shaker cup I got from Opti.  That cut down on the "smell" and I would put extracts or Torani SF syrup in it to give it a bit more flavour.  I ended up loving the chocolate and tolerating it better.  First 3 days are hell.  Not gunna lie.  But I made it and you will too !

Enjoy your ride !!
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

NorthernStar
on 9/26/12 1:41 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
You will do fine! Optifast is hard but you can do it and it's WORTH IT.

There are a ton of tips and tricks to make it easier. If you're worried about smells, get a lidded cup with a straw to drink it. Made a huge difference for me.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics