scared...surgery date oct. 29th/12 - need encouragement

Lovinglady356
on 10/1/12 3:04 am - Canada
Hello every,

Thi is my first posting. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. all thse appointmens were making me ansie. My weight as of now is 373lb....Just typing it makes me shutter. I know I'm doing what I have to do, to live a long and healthy life.  I have Dr.Starr...Anyone else have him? How as your experience? Any advice for a newbie like me? What kind of results should I expect?

Love and blessings

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/12 3:10 am - Straford, Canada
 relax and enjoy the ride!  

Its a fabulous tool, has given me back all the life and energy I was hoping for, only wish I had of done it at least 2 decades earlier!  Its not without hiccups and it is hard sometimes, but SO worth it!  Didn't have your doc.  

As it gets closer ask away on here, lots of helpful and much more knowledgeable folks than me here!  Regards!  
Lovinglady356
on 10/1/12 1:40 pm - Canada

Thank you for your advice. I will be asking questions as the date nears
Cheers
Antionette

Monica M.
on 10/1/12 3:11 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey LL
It's perfectly normal to feel scared, and antsy, and all of those feelings. The first time i saw my highest weight on the scale at the surgeon's office, i nearly threw up.

I've heard that Dr. Starr is very competent and caring.

You can expect to lose 75% of your excess weight. More than that, likely, but that's what you'll lose to be considered a success by the WLS team.

You can expect to be healthier and more active.

You can expect to be vigilant and aware of common complications.

You can expect lots and lots of support from us here on the forum.

Best of luck!!

Lovinglady356
on 10/1/12 1:45 pm - Canada
thank you so very much. i so need to feel healthier and more active. I have no health complications as yet and really want to eliminate any that are waiting for me. The weight I'm at is just so depressing....I gained 70lbsin one year after the loss of my new born daughter. When I snapped out of the depression, I was horrified.

I'll keep you posted
Antionette
time2changeme
on 10/1/12 3:11 am
Welcome aboard!!!  I am in my 3rd week of opti-fast and have 3 more to go!  My surgery is on October 25th.  Have you started opti-fast yet? Thanks for joining us, the support here is wonderful!!
Lovinglady356
on 10/1/12 1:49 pm - Canada
WOW! you're so close. Where is your surgery being done? will you be at HRRH also? please keep me informed of your progress. Also, 6 weeks of optifst...seem like alot....wow...keep it up...
Antionette
lookinginto
on 10/1/12 3:13 am
 I had the anesthetist give me 2 mg of Ativan (a relaxant) when I entered the hospital admitting. He was prepared to give me up to 4 mg.  I was quite calm for the surgery. I haven't had any complications since. 
Lovinglady356
on 10/1/12 1:54 pm - Canada
I have a standing order for Ativan....trust me, I will be walking with them....
Antionette,
crstalww
on 10/1/12 3:16 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Welcome to the group. There is many resourceful people on here. We are all here to support each other in our journey's I am haveing surgery on Nov 6, 2012. always remember there are no stupid questions with our journey . lol Better to ask questions. If one person doesnt know someone else will so ask away lol

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Most Active
Recent Topics