3 more sleeps

Niki L.
on 10/11/12 11:50 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Time has been flying by my brain is running overtime having a hard time to sleep so many things i still would like to get done still not brave cant seem to bring myself to watch what they will be doing i know what they are doing just don't want to see it. Started to pack should i bring my own pillow and blanket? Anything else i may need to bring ? How did you guys feel the 1st week ?

crstalww
on 10/12/12 12:00 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Yeah Hoooo 3 more sleeps and its the Big day. Congrats and Im super excited for you. When I go on Nov 6 I will be bringing my Pillow blanket thats up to you . They do provide but you might want some home comfort. Hows the Pre Op Diet going?

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Julie E.
on 10/12/12 12:03 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 12/06/12
I would bring my pillow for sure. Hospital pillows aren't really that great. Best of luck

Cheers to the new you                   heartJulie

CoffeeLady1975
on 10/12/12 12:16 am - Canada
 Bring your pillow its a comfort and then you can use the hospital pillow to splint your tummy.  Don't over pack - bring toiletries, a watch, some underpants and socks.  Don't worry about bringing PJ's you'll just get blood on them.  Don't forget some slippers, a couple pens and some reading/puzzles etc.  You'll be doing lots of sleeping so you can heal - and every time you close your eyes the nurse, doc, physio, nutritionist etc will come in.

Happy Healing - sending lots of positive healing intentions your way!

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 12:30 am - Canada
Its exciting isn't it? Im happy for you. As for the pain the worst will be on your left side its where they do all the manipulating. First time you get up to walk just remember to breathe . I was holding my breath at first and the nurse told me to breathe. Walking is great but take it easy at first. Other than that enjoy the ride and see you on the bench.
Karen M.
on 10/12/12 12:37 am - Mississauga, Canada
My goodness - it seems like only yesterday that you were worried about starting Optifast! 

Bring VERY little.  I totally overpacked. Bring your own pillow if you want, skip the blanket. Good walking shoes or slippers. Toothbrush and paste. Hairbrush. Undies.  That's about it!

First week - hmmm... first 3 day**** by a truck. Remainder of 1st week, got better and better each day.  You'll be just fine. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Brenda T.
on 10/12/12 1:02 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
It is exciting, and it feels like you have a million things to do before you go.  You will get it done, and it helps keep your mind busy.

All the best and speedy recovery!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

wants2Bfitagain
on 10/12/12 1:25 am
Wishing you all the best and speedy recovery so exciting

Referral-April 20th  Orientation- June 12th Windsor
NP- July 23, Nut Class Aug 7th SW Aug 9th DR Aug 14th
2nd NUT & SW Sept 27th
Surgery Nov 6th Dr. Hagen HRRH

akr9911
on 10/12/12 1:59 am
VSG on 06/20/13
Bring your pillow. Even if you can tolerate the unfamiliar pillows at the hospital, I hear you'll like having it in the car with you on the way home. 3 more sleeps! So exciting. You're going to do great!

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Lovinglady356
on 10/12/12 2:23 am - Canada
Congrats hunny,

Keep us posted! I still have 2 weeks and 2 days to go!
Best of luck
Antionette
Most Active
Recent Topics