DavidsTea Yes or no?

staceycvd
on 10/12/12 11:33 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18
I started drinking tea from davidstea and made sure there was no caffeine... Is this a no-no or? I'm not sure if I should drink it or not....  (i'm pre-op but am making changes to my lifestyle)

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

CoffeeLady1975
on 10/12/12 11:45 am - Canada
 As my handle implies I am hopelessly addicted to coffee.  I have never switched to decaf - that's cheating ;0) I had my first coffee in hospital on my first day of full fluids.  I am not sure about the science of having to switch to decaf - healing and what not.   Try googling the product, it should have some nutritional info on the site

jennifer_rpn
on 10/12/12 11:55 am
I drink Davids Tea I find it yummy, considering before surgery I was a HUGE pop and juice drinker now I only drink milk, water, tea. Also with the teas from Davids you can have them hot or cold which is nice.
Reasoning fr decafe my understanding is because the caffeine dehydrates you

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
sam1am
on 10/12/12 11:55 am
Drink it and enjoy it, before and after surgery!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 12:03 pm - Straford, Canada
 David's tea could be 100's of different things.  They sell many herbals as well as tea leaf based ones.  Like a previous poster, I love my coffee, when I was told I should go light on the coffee I told them that was not gonna happen cause I LOVE my coffee.  Had it since day 1, never stopped and never felt any harmful effects (but thats just me).  YOLO!
gardeninggal
on 10/12/12 12:44 pm - Midland, Canada
 What you do not share they do not know.  I drank one 8 oz cup of regular caffeinated coffee per day and felt that that small amount should not harm to any extent.  I have continued to drink it daily in the a.m. and so far so good.  Hope my pouch loves it too as much as I do....time will tell. (oh yeah I drink it after I take my prevacid). for good measure lol

SandpaperSandy
on 10/12/12 8:37 pm - Kitchener, Canada
don't stress over this too much.  Anything is better than pop or juice, so just sit back and enjoy the taste of a great cuppa tea.

anything decaf is considered part of your daily liquid intake (for Guelph anyhow), so if you can switch to decaf you are ont he right track.  If not, don't stress the small stuff.  The hard work comes after and anything you can do before, is a bonus for you.  
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 9:47 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Most of their teas are fine but you may want to check the ingredient list of the ones you drink. Some of them have actual sugar in the tea or things like red heart candies, marshmallows.  You can check their website for your favourites and they show the ingredient list of each tea. 
Most Active
Recent Topics