nervous wreck

Niki L.
on 10/14/12 6:23 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I know this has been coming but man i am afraid of everything it ha**** me so hard today i wi**** was bed time not sure why i think something bad is going to happen i guess /think most of us feel this way i can deal with never eating so foods again but hoping that i dont get dumping that sounds like no fun and the pain i get that i will have that for a bit can deal with that but just dont know what if i do all this and dont lose the weight oh man see i am a big mess and now hubby took mon off but cant see me on tues as he has to work than be home for kids dont care to be alone but i guess i have a phone sorry for venting as this i know it is silly as i am so close everything came together so fast really had not much time to deal with some things

Moselle
on 10/14/12 6:43 am - Athens, Canada
Take a few big deep breaths.  Everyone is nervous...it's to be expected. Don't think about all the negatives; try to focus on all the positives.

I haven't really had to give up anything. I have issues with high fat or sugar content but I can still have a spoon full of icecream if I really want it.  It truly isn't as bad as you imagine...once you are at goal it gets a little easier.

Just hang tough and you will be fine.  Hugs to you.....vent all you want....we all remember how it was the night before surgery.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

hjoanneg9000
on 10/14/12 6:47 am - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 10/02/12
 I just had mine done on the 2nd.  I was super nervous too.  SUPER nervous.  Never have these foods again?    ACK!!!

Now that it is over, I can honestly say that I am glad to be on the road to being healthier and a step toward being stronger again.  It's not magic, but it's important.

Heather

dna
on 10/14/12 7:15 am - Canada
I was a nervous wreck too.  Completely normal !

Dumping is a side effect.  Something can go wrong but the chances are very minimal.  You can still EAT !  Just not the mass quantities you did before.  You WILL lose weight and it will be the best decision you have ever made for YOU.

You can do this ! 

See you on the losers bench :) 
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

P_Floyd
on 10/14/12 7:18 am - Canada
 You know what's coming so just manage your emotions. You know it's just butterflies in your stomach, so try and embrace your excitement and carry on. We've all been there and had that same experience. Postive thoughts.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

crstalww
on 10/14/12 7:22 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
Hey Nikki just wanted to let you know I'm on the sidelines cheering you on . You know everyone gets nervious and start to worry. All I can say is I'm here if you ever need to talk vent scream anything I can do I will. You have a great surgeon and I know the time has come and it will pass and you will say hey that wasn't to bad I did it and when that weight starts to melt away you will have the biggest smile and grin on your face you will be so happy with your choice. Remember I ll need you in a few weeks to say the same words to me. Big bear hug sent your way . I wish you with a safe surgery and a easy wake up plus a quick recovery . May god bless you in this time. Go Nikki Go Nikki Go you can do this and rock the **** out of it . I m cheering for you . Keep us all posted When you get a moment . Sweet dreams and even sweet awakening

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

ShallowGirl
on 10/14/12 8:25 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Dumping is triggered by certain foods, IF you get it, so it CAN be avoided.  Most people don't dump.

It will go better than you think.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/12 8:36 am - Straford, Canada
 Relax and enjoy the ride!  www.youtube.com/watch
Leslie W.
on 10/14/12 9:08 am - Cobourg, Canada
If you didn't have some worries you would not be normal. I just hit my 1 yr on the 11th. I have been pretty lucky in that I can eat just about anything with moderation. You will be able to eat normal foods again. Just give yourself time to heal and follow the rules. I stuck closely to the rules for the first 6 months. Have had food stuck only once and dumped once in the past yr.
I was alone in the hospital too, and it was ok. You will spend most of your time sipping, walking and sleeping any ways. I have had no regrets at all. Down 130 lbs and enjoying life.

Get ready for the best trip of yourlife
Les

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
TanyaLH
on 10/14/12 10:14 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

All the best to you Niki.

Most Active
Recent Topics