Thunder Bay people

tasha_the_dog
on 11/15/12 8:11 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada

A couple of months ago someone posted about hearing that TB was getting a surgeon.  Today l went for my 10 month check up. (everything was so great they don't want to see me for 6 mths) and I asked about it.  Vivian told me yes they were looking and have a couple of possibilities in the works.  They had one who backed out, then one who wanted to fly in for 3 days a month but she said that would not work for the centre.  Apparently TBHSC is getting $ as a surgical centre and that is why they are looking for a surgeon.  They do have a local surgeon who will be a trainee once they find a bariatric surgeon who has at least 100 surgeries under his belt.

Hope that helps.

Jennifer

I love my VSG! I LOVE SHOPPING!!!!

Referral to Thunder Bay Bariatric Centre July 2010 Orientation Class August 2010
Appointments with dietician, nurse practitioner and psychologist September/November 2010   Ultrasound November 2010
Scope June 10, 2011, meeting with surgeon Nov 29, 2011    surgery  VSG Jan 20/12
Surgeon: Dr. Gmora
HW 287

CW 169

4-Jane
on 11/15/12 9:10 am - Canada

I am so hoping this happens it would be really good for all involved and T B is a beautiful community if I'm not mistaken we receive more hours of sunshine than anywhere else in Ontario it might actually be in Canada but I'm not sure and yes we get cold weather but not for very long and our summers are incredible.  Anyone want to know the cost of housing here it's more than reasonable and...   And and...... Hire someone already 

Respectfully Jane
Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 11/15/12 1:14 pm - Canada

I heard the same thing from Vivian,, i was very disapointed when the other surgeon backed out, it sounded like a done deal, he was just waiting to close out his practice in the states then he was moving here.. i wonder why he changed his mind?

as much as i would have loved to have my surgery here, i wasnt about to wait around for what could be another 2 years, im having surgery this wednesday (nov 21)  and I CANT WAIT!! :D

Robin H.
on 11/16/12 12:31 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

good luck Nancy!

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 11/16/12 1:45 am - Canada

thanks Robin!

HopefulBee
on 11/16/12 9:11 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Good luck with your surgery Nancy!!  :D

heart

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

Mary A.
on 2/27/13 1:14 am

thanks for the update..I just searched for (Thunder Bay) to see what is/has been going on locally

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics