6 month stall!

BrigitteD
on 11/28/12 3:21 am - Sumerstown, Canada

Did anyone stall at 6 months?  Yes I know they are normal, I know they are to be expected but they are also so scary.  Every time I get one it scares the ******out of me.  I always think that's it, this was to good to be true.  Now I'm going to get fat again!  How can I get ride of this line of thinking?  Will I ever not be worried about regaining weight?  Thank's in advance for any input!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Brenda T.
on 11/28/12 3:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

I'm at the same as you, it has slowed, but not stopped.  I have stayed the same for a couple of weeks, but then it moves a bit.  The told me at followup that this is what happens because we are closer to goal.

I don't think we will ever really stop worrying about gaining it back.  But it will help us to watch it.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 11/28/12 3:50 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

you're doing so well, chickie!!!!

ShallowGirl
on 11/28/12 3:33 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I think just focus on whether you are gaining back.  If just stuck, then ride it out, possibly see if you are slipping on portions or carbs or something.

It's like sailing, you always have to make course corrections.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Monica M.
on 11/28/12 3:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

good analogy, SG.

Monica M.
on 11/28/12 3:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i think that you NEED to keep being in fear of regaining weight. That's what keeps you on the straight and narrow.

a stall is considered a few weeks of no loss, remember.. not a few days, or even one week.

niceeyes72
on 11/28/12 4:09 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

Hey Brigitte!

I have stalled too,..same weight for 4 weeks now. Good thing is it is a STALL and not a gain!!!

I am bringing myself back to basics and trying to kick up the exercise!! Just focus on portions, snacking and the fluids!!! We are NOT done yet!!! take care my friend!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

linda11665
on 11/28/12 4:19 am - Ottawa, Canada

Sometimes a stall happens when your body gets used to what you are doing.  If you are eating the same foods every day, change it up a bit, if you are exercising the same way and the same days, change it up a bit also.

It does happen, you will get through this.  And being fearful has kept me where I am today. 

Linda broken heart

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Patm
on 11/28/12 4:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I find when I stall I lose inches. It is almost like my body just needs to make an adjustment. If you are on plan you will lose. I also found as I get closer to goal my weight loss has really slowed.

DonnaK12
on 11/28/12 4:58 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12

I am 7 months out and have been stalled for 3 weeks now.

I think it's normal and will end soon.

Try not to get discouraged

Most Active
Recent Topics