11 days post-op and first post

CritterK
on 12/29/12 3:30 am

So I had my surgery (RNY) on Dec. 18th .. all has gone well with it and since then.  I'm really getting tired of just having strained cream soup, yogurt, pudding and jello though.  I'm not feeling hungry.  I drink my 1/2 cup of soup/yogurt/jello in about 20 minutes.  I know you're supposed to go slower but it's difficult.

Is there any groups that meet in Brampton besides the Lapband Coffee group?

My surgery was through HRRH and the surgeon was Dr. Laz Klein.  I originally went to him just over 4 years ago and when they called about surgery date I backed out.  This time I didn't and I'm glad I'm on the road to a healthier lifestyle.

2mar
on 12/29/12 3:46 am
RNY on 09/20/12

congrats - not much longer before you can eat some mashed food and then you can add different flavors. I felt the same. LOL.

In regards to timing - what I did use is the 30 ml little cups and have one like that every 15 min...

Try to get some high quality protein drink in you - and they do come in different flavors. That can also divert the boredom in taste a bit

Good luck

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

gimpymom
on 12/29/12 4:10 am

I recall in the bariatric clinic at HRRH that there was a poster on the wall about a support group--but I can't recall when and but I believe they met at HRRH--but then again my memory could be wrong too...the clinic would definitely know..I go to the group in Kingston and it is an amazing group of people--you will enjoy the experience and the support!!

Johanna

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/12 5:05 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Welcome, I believe that Mississauga has a group. 

Lolabug
on 12/30/12 12:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

There is a group in Brampton. Meets at the Williams coffee pub on Queen. Not sure when he next meeting is. Watch for a posting from Muddie. 

Glad you are doing okay!

Most Active
Recent Topics