Exercise DVDs...what is good for +275 lb people???

IslandMomma
on 1/4/13 12:00 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

SO...it is that time of the year where everyone wants to lose weight and with us it is just another step in our journeys...BUT I really need to get off my lazy A_ _ and do something....anything...with having a 2.5 year old at my heals all day when I am not at work, it is really not possible to get out of the house to do something at  a gym or pool, but I want to re-start moving here at home..hubby says I don't need to buy anything, he can download want I want...but what do I want???  I feel like Richard Simmons is really the only person who does work out DVDs for bigger people...Am I wrong??  I want something a little more current...not sweating to the oldies...if you know what I mean....HELP????

Thanks

DebsDream
on 1/4/13 12:05 am

hi....I like these http://www.amazon.ca/Walk-Away-Pounds-Leslie-Sansone/dp/B000 7Z0OFY

low impact and you can ramp it up at your pace as you progress.

Happy Moving!

Orientation GGH: Mar '11 --- Surgeon: Oct 23, '12 --- Pre-Op: Nov 13, '12 --- SURGERY GGH,Dr. Reed:Nov 22, '12                 

Julie E.
on 1/4/13 12:13 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 12/06/12
Baha, I was just going to tell her the same thing. Great minds think alike. lol

Julie

Cheers to the new you                   heartJulie

macrobug1
on 1/4/13 12:56 am

I was also going to say the same thing.  Leslie is a little annoying but I like the workouts

Marny B.
on 1/4/13 2:36 am - Canada

Me too!  I was going to suggest the very same ones. They are what I started with. 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/4/13 12:10 am - Windsor, Canada

Richard Simmons does do big people videos.  I liked him but found that I'm just not a dancer so I'm way too uncoordinated half the time. LOL

I highly suggest Leslie Sansone's walking videos.  I started them when I lost 75 lbs back in 2001 or so.  I was about 250 lbs at the time.  While the people in the videos are NOT bigger people, the videos are perfect for larger people because they are simple and based on walking and low impact.

You basically mostly do about 4 or 5 moves - knee lifts, kick backs, side to side (grapevines), walking, etc. Very simple.

You can buy one "3 mile video"  and start with doing 1 mile of it  which will be 15 minutes.  You can work your way up to the 3 miles. 

You can usually find them anywhere - Walmart, HMV, etc. You can order them online on amazon as well. If you need any more info just drop me a line.

I still use my DVDs on occasion :)

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

NorthernStar
on 1/4/13 12:17 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I came in here to suggest Leslie Sansone as well! Great place to start. She has a variety of walking videos that are low impact and great.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

willowraine
on 1/4/13 12:18 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
I also recommend the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. I started with those a few years ago and was over 300 pounds at the time. Another one I really like that is low impact is a Biggest Loser one. I believe it's 4 miles of walking type exercises and you can do as many as you want. Some of the miles also add hand weights but you don't have to use them.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Jayme34
on 1/4/13 12:32 am - Canada
RNY on 03/13/13

I like the Walk away the pounds videos as well. I got mine from walmart, less then $10. I also LOVE zumba, I do zumba everyday on the xbox kinect. you can also get dvds of it. The motto of zumba is ditch the workout, join the party. All that matters is that you are moving with zumba and having fun.

Guelph Registry July 17,11, Orientation July 27,2012, First appts with Rn,Sw and Dietician on August 14,2012, second appointments on Oct 24 , post op diet class on nov.20 Meet Surgeon January 28/2013 SURGERY - March 13/2013 with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong   

Patm
on 1/4/13 1:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have tried Zumba and loved it. I do not have an xbox. Does anyone know of a good Zumba DVD?

Most Active
Recent Topics