Question about eating more

NorthernStar
on 1/7/13 3:16 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I'm 6+ months out now, and I'm really happy, doing really well with my loss but I am starting to get freaked out by the amount of food I can eat in a meal. I think it is just messing with my mind that I can eat more now than I did post-op, but it has me a bit worried.

I generally eat about a cup of food for a meal, and certainly some foods are more filling than others (which isn't strictly a WLS thing). I feel like I can eat a cup of food no problem now. I'm full when I eat it, but in months past sometimes I would not be able to fini**** or I would feel full more quickly. I guess it's just worrying me that I can eat more than I used to, but I guess I should expect that. I'm just afraid I'll be able to eat much more, all these threads about stretching the pouch/stoma scare me.

Am I worrying about nothing?

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Patm
on 1/7/13 3:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I usually eat about that now at one year. I think you are probably fine. As long as you stop when you are full and don't pu**** I know my stomach will push back and I will feel like crap

jennb3
on 1/7/13 4:38 am - Canada
I saw the nutritionist last week at 2 months out and was told I should be able to eat 1/2 to 1 cup now so I really think you're ok. Although I couldn't eat 1cup right now, 1/2cup satisfies me and I'm ok with that. You're doing well!
referral: fall 2010, orientation: march 2011, nut/psyc: fall 2011, nurse: jan 2012,   tests: march 2012, pre-surg class: Sept 2012, surgeon, Sept. 2012.  Surgery:  Nov 8, 2012

HaroldC
on 1/7/13 5:25 am - Canada

You are fine and doing great.

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/7/13 6:18 am - Windsor, Canada

Yep you are totally normal.

This is now the challenging time: not to push the amounts.  Our head is still "fat" in so many ways and head hunger can push.

A measuring cup is still your best friend.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

NorthernStar
on 1/8/13 12:54 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

You are so right. I guess I'm actually scared of pushing it, which I've done a few times. I really try hard to eat my meal and stick to my rule of not eating for at least 3 hours, but a few times I've snacked after waiting a little bit because there is more room in my pouch. I must be easing out of the honeymoon phase a bit since the restriction isn't as much as it once was.

*Lindsey*

mermaidz
on 1/8/13 12:36 am - Brampton, Canada

Measuring cup for the total.. good idea

I'm about two months behind you.. and at about a cup give or take so that sounds about right.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

NorthernStar
on 1/8/13 12:56 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Thanks for the replies everyone. Logically I know 1 cup of food is normal and expected, I just get scared the further out I get that I will stop losing or start gaining back. I have pushed it a few times, and some days I have to make a really conscious effort to not pu****

*Lindsey*

Most Active
Recent Topics