fitness memberships

anewstart
on 1/10/13 9:39 am - Canada
Hi Everyone,
I have been looking around at different options for fitness memberships and rates. I was just curious which fitness membership you have...monthly cost? Advice or recommendations on different centres etc....thanks so much!
readytomoveon
on 1/10/13 9:55 am - Canada

I am a goodlife member ... costs 20.00 bi-weekly. I love my gym.

SURGERY DATE: JANUARY 18 2013 WITH DR. MAMAZZA

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/13 12:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
Fit4life.....$10/month. But very few locations.
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/13 3:27 pm - Canada
Im at the ymca i pay $65./month but that is for a family membership. It gets me a gymnasium, 2 pools, a well equiped exercise gym, and there is also the other classes like zumba and yoga. But im not into that. My kids get free swimming lessons as a member as well
Marny B.
on 1/11/13 1:04 am - Canada

I was at LA Fitness.  It cost me $30 a month (but had to put down $100 upon joining).  I wouldn't call it luxurious; no individual TV screens on the treadmills, or towel service, or anything like that.  But it did have plenty of extra programs to choose from, and there was no contract.  This was my main reason for joining.  When I decided Id ad enough, I gave notice at the front desk with no penalty.  They stopped charging me after that month was out. 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Beth1970
on 1/11/13 1:24 am - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12

World gym has a special on right now for $10/month, plus a $20 registration fee. It's good until the end of the month I think.

anewstart
on 1/11/13 7:27 am - Canada
Thank you everyone for your replies....i will be going to see a few places over the weekend and hopefully make a decision sooner than later.
Jayme34
on 1/12/13 10:59 am - Canada
RNY on 03/13/13

I go to Curves, cost is $49.72 per month; i didnt pay a sign up fee. I love it, I also have the curvesSmart chip that you use on the equipment to keep track of how hard you are working and how many calories you are burning. They also have Curves Circuit Zumba which is a whole lot of fun. Right now the special on is the Curves Complete program. For an extra $5.50 per week you get a personal trainer who meets with you weekly, the curves smart chip , vitamins and a pedometer as well as online access to the website including shopping lists, recipes and food journal tracking.

The best thing about curves is the atmosphere, the women are so friendly and encouraging and its like one big happy family. Well worth the money.

Guelph Registry July 17,11, Orientation July 27,2012, First appts with Rn,Sw and Dietician on August 14,2012, second appointments on Oct 24 , post op diet class on nov.20 Meet Surgeon January 28/2013 SURGERY - March 13/2013 with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong   

Most Active
Recent Topics