Any Kingston news?

michellealana
on 1/15/13 3:57 am

They must be getting much busier there.

I am trying my best to be patient, it is so hard when the prize is so great!

Anyone go through the appointment process lately or just get an orientation date lately?

Thanks in advance from such an impatient girl!

Armyguy1976
on 1/15/13 4:14 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13

Hello Michellealana,

Happy to report things are moving extremely fast for me here in Kingston. I had my Orientation last Dec 5th and then my Nurse prac apoint last Monday the 7th Jan, Dietitin the following day on the 8th and Social worker the nect on Jan 9th. 

Today I had my abdominal Ultra sound and just have my scope left to do before seeing the surgeon. 

Fingers crossed things pick up for you and it helps to call them once every few weeks and ask were you are on the waiting list.. I could'nt stress to them enough that i was avail for any and all cancelled apointments. 

Hope this helps

Kb

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

Elektra_Kat
on 1/15/13 5:22 am
RNY on 06/26/13

This past summer and fall I had a whack of stuff done in Kingston. Sleep study, blood work, nutritionist visit, psych/social appointment. I did some general "this is what the surgery is all about" thing with a bunch of people in Ottawa last January. But since everything has been sent off to Ottawa (November) I have heard nothing at all. It's totally making me anxious.

I have a post about this awaiting moderation... my referral from my family doctor was in August of 2011. Nothing happened until the stuff mentioned above, relatively recently. And now again, not a peep from anyone. My therapist told me to brace myself for a wait of up to 3 years, yet the last nurse I spoke with at HDH (in November) said it was reasonable to expect to have surgery this summer.

I guess for me the short answer is, when I was doing my stuff in Kingston, it all happened really quickly. But now I'm at a standstill.

GirlSassy
on 1/15/13 9:18 am - Kingston, Canada

I say call people for the next step. 

My process was quite quick, but I also called the Ottawa hospital as soon as Kristine from Kingston told me my file had been transferred (I called the next day). I also called Kingston weekly.

Be assertive and polite and don't miss any appointments!

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

Arlio1207
on 1/15/13 9:19 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

I too am through Kingston. I have had the orientation Nov 6th, and a alot of appts after. Nurse, nut, dietician, ultrasound and scope. I am really done all that now. I go back for the final nurse to have my chart cleared Jan 24th. A pre surgerical class Feb 6th if the chart is cleared. Then its off to meet the surgeon after that. It is moving quickly and according to what they say. 6 months from orientation to surgery. Heres hoping you follow suit. I must tell you I have no co-morbities like diabetes, high blood pressure etc. I am healthy besides my weight. It can depend on the tests you need, that can slow the process a wee bit. Good luck with your journey. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics