Multivitamin by Progressive

alexis.csmith
on 1/22/13 3:23 am - newmarket, Canada

http://progressivenutritional.com/active-women/

I am currently taking the Active Women multivitamin by Progressive (purchased from GNC)

I can't find anyone else who is to see what they think or have heard about it.

Anyone out there that's trying this one too?

Orientation June 4, 2012         Dr. L. Smith June 13, 2012
Surgery Class July 6, 2012       RN/SW/DT July 28, 2012
Pre-op November 8, 2012        RNY Surgery December 3, 2012 

Hockeymom73
on 1/22/13 4:38 am
RNY on 11/21/12

I have heard of it, saw it on Cityline last week and really want to find some in Ottawa.  I know another person who is taking them as well.  

Sophia

HW: 400.5 CW: 251.0 GW: 199

alexis.csmith
on 1/22/13 5:21 am - newmarket, Canada

do they like it? i have to open it up and it tastes like you're eating sand...so gross...i end up mixing it with applesauce but it still tastes horrible

Orientation June 4, 2012         Dr. L. Smith June 13, 2012
Surgery Class July 6, 2012       RN/SW/DT July 28, 2012
Pre-op November 8, 2012        RNY Surgery December 3, 2012 

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/22/13 7:53 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Do you drink any of the protein shakes? What about using a blender and blending them into one of those?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

heyitscindy
on 1/22/13 11:46 am

Hiya Sophie,

You can get it at Pantry Plus in Orleans on St. Joseph Blvd.  I have the chewable kind.

heyitscindy
on 1/22/13 11:44 am

I am taking them!  I honestly don't mind them.  I have the Natural Citrus Flavour and although they have that definite vitamin taste, they aren't that bad to me.  They were a little harder to take at first but I got used to the taste.  I don't know if I would mix them with anything because that might make them less effective plus you have to remember to take extra iron as it doesn't provide it all in the 3 tablets.  I don't know what you could do to mask the taste of it... I found that in the beginning I would chew it up quick and then sip some Decaf Twinnings Earl Grey tea and that seemed to help with the aftertaste a bit. 

I guess just try to tough it out or find another kind... Not much help I realize but hopefully you'll be able to tolerate the taste with pure determination! kiss

heyitscindy
on 1/22/13 11:48 am

BTW... just realized you are taking the capsule... I am on the chewable and they really aren't that bad.

mermaidz
on 1/22/13 9:29 pm - Brampton, Canada

Applesauce isn't the only thing you can mix your vitamins in. You can also do it in yogurt or sf strawberry jam or ANY food that you eating

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics