NERVOUS!!

LORICARD
on 2/21/13 12:55 am - Canada

morning, so i don't know why but all of a sudden this has become real, i have my PATT on the 26th and start opti the 27th and then surgery march 19th at HRRH. i know that this is all for the better but i'm terrified all of a sudden. just wanted to see if others have gone threw the same right before surgery.

thanks Lori

jay_dee_767
on 2/21/13 1:03 am - Canada

Hello Lori,  I have my surgery on March 5th at HRRH and Yeah I have waves of being terrified and than I calm done and realize  this is for a new life and being happy, So believe it's normal, more scared of the unknown and the what ifs!! Than I think what if I don't.

Jason

We'll be fine.....

Referral Recieved November 13/12  Orientation Nov.19/12 meet Dr.Klein and NUT Nov .26/12  , Meet the social worker and RN on Dec. 6/12 ,DR.Glazer Dec.13/12 Meet Dr.Klein and pick up optifast Jan.16th 2013 Patts Feb.19th,2013, Surgery March 5th,2013

LORICARD
on 2/21/13 1:11 am - Canada

thanks Jason just seem to be getting all kinds of emotions i think it just hit me that its finally here, it's been a year of waiting

good luck on your day

Catw
on 2/21/13 1:41 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Lori,

First off, take a deep breath, I want to let you know that this is normal.  We all went through this part, some days it will be worse some days it will be better.  I'm guessing you're actually a mixed ball of emotion right now.  Excited that your near surgery, anxious about all the what ifs about before, during and after surgery.  And that OMG what have I done symptoms.

Just keep taking things one step at a time (The Opti one sip at a time).  You'll do fine.  If you have questions, or on the days you are especially anxious, you know we are here for you.  You'll be on the bench before you know it.

Cathy

Sunny123
on 2/21/13 2:14 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Dear Lori

I cannot imagine how you feel right now.  Please remember we will all be here rooting for you! Everything will be great.  You are almost there girl!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

wildwilly
on 2/21/13 2:40 am - Canada

I was going thru the same thing yesterday as my operation day is feb 28. i was real nervous,but thanks to the people on this site with there great support i feel a lot better. chat with people on the forum. all the best to you follow what they say and you will have no problems take care Bill

jellyfishattack
on 2/21/13 3:11 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi Lori,

I'm on day 4 of Opti.  My RNY is on March 11th at TEGH and I have definitely had bouts of anxiety, and have had a bout of terror or two (or three...).  Luckily, these moments don't last long (maybe the longest 'bout' was an evening), and I think that it's very normal and to be expected before a major surgery that will change your life significantly afterwards.  I'm holding on with steely resolve to the Opti because I know 110% that I want a RNY, and it sounds like you feel the same (and so do/did the other people who've posted on this thread).  In short, what you're feeling is normal.

Jenn. :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

LORICARD
on 2/21/13 5:56 am - Canada

thank you everyone for the great support

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/13 10:16 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Totally normal, have confidence in yourself and your surgeon. All will be well. Just go over all of the reasons why you wanted to do this in the first place and treat yourself kindly. Best of luck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics