COST OF POST OP MEDS?

LORICARD
on 3/5/13 1:51 am - Canada

hello everyone, just trying to get things ready before my big day so i was just wondering what is the cost for the prescription meds we are given when we leave the hospital?

i do have coverage but would just like an idea so theres no big surprises

thanks

Lori

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/5/13 1:56 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

if you have coverage no worries! I was prescribed percocets and colace which I did not fill and Prevacid which put me back a couple bucks because of my drug plan (maybe $8?)

LORICARD
on 3/5/13 1:59 am - Canada

thanks for the quick reply now they did say something to me about needles for the first 12 days, did you have those, i think they are the same that i had after my c section

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/5/13 2:01 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
Blood thinners. My surgeon only has us take blood thinners while in the hospital so unsure of the cost if you are prescribed them. Sorry

kim_emma02
on 3/5/13 2:57 am - Ontario, Canada

I  was given the blood thinners 3x a day in the hospital then 1x a day for 8 days once I was released.  They were $189 before my coverage.  I don't think I ended up paying anything.  Don't forget to pick up some alcohol swabs if you don't already have them!  My prevacid was only covered by my husbands insurance so I think we ended up paying about $50 for a 3 month supply.  The things that added up were all of the non-prescription stuff......  MOM, Metamucil, Beneprotein, alcohol swabs, vitamins (purchased before surgery), liquid tylenol, etc........

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

xoxlovexox
on 3/5/13 2:55 am - Barrie, Canada
I was on blood thinners for 8 days and the total cost was $170. I also was on Prevacid and I just got a 3 month supply right now and it was $217 I have to be on that for 6 months so It will be another $217 eventually. For my pain killers it was under 50 I believe I couldn't find that prescription receipt sorry. I hope that helped best of luck!!
LORICARD
on 3/5/13 4:55 am - Canada

thanks very much

Mary A.
on 3/7/13 1:17 am

everyone is different and it depends how you manage pain....I had a pain pump that was finished 3 days after surgery and I luckily didn't need anything after that...if you move, move, move and sip, sip, sip, that should help with the pain and the constipaiton..again everyone is different

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics