Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training (GTA)

flyingwoman
on 3/14/13 1:21 am

gmailSharestumbleuponMoreprintSharelinkedinShareemailSharetwitterSharefacebookShare

Hi folks,

Came across this online, thought some of you may be interested. I took an MB-EAT with a different organization last year and it was extremely useful. I am not affiliated, nor know this particular organization.

http://torontobodymind.ca/events/mindfulness-based-eating-aw areness-training-spring-wednesdays-apr-25-jun-13-930am%E2%80 %931130-am

mindfulness-based eating awareness training (Spring) Wednesdays Apr 25-Jun 13 | 9:30am–11:30 am

Address:  180 Sudbury St. Toronto, ON See map: Google Maps Date:  Wed, Apr 25, 2012 - 12:00am - Wed, Jun 13, 2012 - 12:00am Presented by:  Cost:  $225.00 for Part One, and $225.00 for Part Two. Or $400.00 for Parts 1 & 2 combined. Those with extended healthcare benefits (third-party insurance) may be eligible for reimbursement; if you are eligible, please speak to the instructor. Contact:  Kat Phone:  (647) 524-6216 Email:  [email protected] Website:  http://www.mindfulnessstudies.com/mindfulness-based-eating-a wareness-training/ Type:  Style: 

Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training is designed for all of us who struggle with compulsive or stress-related over-eating.  Inspired by Jon Kabat-Zinn’s, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program, and research in nutritional science.

MB-EAT cultivates insight and acceptance around the struggle with food. This program does not involve dieting, but instead uses mindfulness meditation, eating exercises, and self-reflection to help you develop a more balanced, and positive relationship to food and eating. Within a supportive group environment, participants will:

• Engage in a wide variety of mindfulness and mindful eating practices
  • Reconnect with the body’s natural cues of fullness, hunger and taste satiety
  • Explore the underlying psychological dynamics of food choices with real food
  • Understand the roots of emotional and stress-driven eating patterns
  • Develop new skills for dealing with triggers to unconscious over-eating
  • Learn a variety of mind-body practices for creating greater ease in your life
  • Incorporate, into your daily life, new practices for greater self-car 

The 8 –week course is divided into two parts with the following themes covered:

Part One

Inner and Outer Wisdom; Hunger Awareness and Emotional Eating; Satiety and Taste Satisfaction and Healing Self-Touch with Body Awareness.

Wednesday mornings | April 25, May 2, May 9, May 16 |  9:30 – 11:30 am

Part Two

Food Choices and Self-Compassion, Mindful Movement & Nutrition; Working with Thoughts and Emotions, Breaking the Chain, Relapse Prevention.

Wednesday mornings | May 23, May 30, June 6, June 13 | 9:30 am  -11:30 am

Who should attend

This workshop is suitable for anyone who struggles with food and eating issues.   It is not recommended for people who have been diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa.   It has been shown in major studies to be clinically effective in being helpful for people with binge eating disorder, stress-related eating, obesity, bariatric surgery and diabetes. All participants must have a referral from a family physician. Registration is limited so please register early.

Registration is limited to 20 people.

Facilitators: Gwen Morgan  M.A. MSW, RSW, Clinical Social Worker,  Marsha Feldt, BSc, RD, CDE, Registered Dietitian

Fee $225.00 for Part One, and $225.00 for Part Two. Or $400.00 for Parts 1 & 2 combined. Those with extended healthcare benefits (third-party insurance) may be eligible for reimbursement; if you are eligible, please speak to the instructor.

Enjoy!

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Foy
on 3/14/13 2:13 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

I would love to check something like this out however I have a job.

Same with some awesome yoga, gym classes  - only offered during work time.

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/13 2:46 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Would love that, but the time is all wrong. I have to work during the day. Too bad they aren't doing evenings.
flyingwoman
on 3/14/13 6:35 am

You know, I didn't even check what day of the week it was. I just kinda glossed and assumed that it was a weekend.

When I did mine it was Wed nights. If I see any in off hours, I will post!

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
newpossibilities
on 3/15/13 12:55 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13
This looks wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Referral Mar 1, 2013 Orientation Apr 17, NP May 2, SW May 6, Nut May 6, Dietitian June 6, Psych June 18, meet surgeon July 5, PATTS Oct 8, Surgery Nov 19th

ovalspice
on 3/15/13 1:52 pm - Toronto, Canada

I'm taking this class right now with the same social worker listed here as a facilitator, Gwen Morgan (she's great) but her co-facilitator is a psychiatrist, Dr. Masson. It's 10 weeks long on Monday nights, This round is almost over but I imagine they'll be doing another one.

MIndfulness anything is definitely useful. But, sometimes I found this course to be a little "hoaky". But, still useful.

Most Active
Recent Topics