um..... question for the ladies

LORICARD
on 3/15/13 8:19 am - Canada

i have had Merena IUD in for the past year and have not had my period at all, i started on opti, lost 10lbs and now it's back ??? has anyone else had this experience and will it go away again?

thanks

Lori

Amanda F.
on 3/15/13 9:15 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

Hi, I got Mirena 2 years ago. It wasn't until I reached my highest weight this past autumn that my periods stopped. Obesity messes with your hormones and can cause irregular periods or even cause them to stop completely. Once I started losing weight during Opti, my period returned, in fact, it returned about 15 minutes before I got on the operating table... *sigh*

It will all work itself out in time.

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

lilviolet
on 3/15/13 9:54 am - Canada

I get the depo provera shot and not even a month after my surgery I had my first period in 11 years.  That was in December and I haven't had anything happen since.  My dr explained that estrogen is stored in fat and when you lose it quickly it has to go somewhere.

Most Active
Recent Topics