I went to Kelseys for lunch

Arlio1207
on 3/24/13 4:29 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Thats right, you heard right, I am on Opti and went to Kelseys for lunch. Today is an extra special day, my 11 yr old son got Baptized today. His God parents made the trip from Toronto and we all decided to go out for lunch after. I had an extremely gracious and kind waiter, I quieted advised him I could only eat green veggies 2 cups no more, and lemon and vinegar only for dressing. To which he returned with a salad, green lettuce, cucumber and celery, lemon and vinegar on the side. I cannot say enough how much I appreciated his kindness and understanding and accommodating everything I needed. You would be surprised, but alot of restaurants would not be so accommodating. I was able to site with my family and enjoy the salad and not feel deprived. And I didnt cheat not one bit !!!!  Day 4 is not so bad !!!

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

gaelicgirl68
on 3/24/13 4:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Wow when I was on  Optifast we were not allowed anything....no veggies no broth no nothing......Hope you enjoyed it....nice to know you could have something to munch on while all those around you were eating too......

Best luck for your up-coming surgery

GaelicGirl68

Arlio1207
on 3/24/13 4:58 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Thank you very much, I thank God for my daily veggies, LOL They are keeping me sane at times. LOL HRRH allows us 2 cups of certain green veggies a day. And broth. It was nice to eat and not feel like the outcast. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

gaelicgirl68
on 3/24/13 5:15 am - Mississauga, Canada

That has changed since I went through my WLS at HRRH .....missed the boat on that one soooo jealous

GaelicGirl68

Paperbag_Princess
on 3/24/13 4:59 am - Canada
RNY on 03/27/13

SALADS THE BEST ISN'T IT!?!?!?

lol its saved me from many family get togethers! I pack it and take it with me.. I usually have one a day.. And i save it for the time of day I'm eating with people.. I think its made it easier on my friends and family when food is around.. I've had a lot of people tell me they feel bad for eating around me.. Salad saves me! Congrats on the progress hun! Opti gets easier as it goes on! 

I'm not there yet but I'm closer then I was yesterday!

Arlio1207
on 3/24/13 5:18 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

YES its the first one I have had. I have been having just raw veggies or making soup with the veggies and broth. And yes my poor husband is always saying r u ok? Do feel like cooking? etc. I was pretty grumpy day 2 but yesterday and today have been great. Salad or broth, veggies are the saving grace in the Opti phase, LOL. 

Arlene enlightened

mona8
on 3/24/13 5:07 am - Kingston, Canada
That's great, I hope you had a wonderful time with your family

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

Arlio1207
on 3/24/13 5:16 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Thanks Debbie, it was awesome !!! I loved watching Jamal get Baptized. It was truly a special moment for us. Lunch was so nice. I had a shake when I got home after the salad and felt completely fulfilled. I am having a blueberry tea right now. I found I have been very cold these last few days. probably from the cold shakes. 

Arlene enlightened

mona8
on 3/24/13 7:56 am - Kingston, Canada
I'm so happy for you, and for Jamal and glad it all went off without a hitch!! It sounds like you had a lovely lunch out at Kelsey's, so glad they were so good and accomodated for you. It's always been one of our favorite restaurants.
I've survived the weekend also, today hasn't been so hot though. I think I worked out too much last night and too late, I did less than I was doing before I re-injured my back....but woa are my legs achey. I also got behind on my water today, and didn't get to my lunch until an hour later than usuual because I was out shopping. Just a screaming reminder of how on top of drinking and eating that I'll have to be from here on out. Planning to get on the treadmill for only 30 minutes tonight and doing some yoga to try to stretch myself back out then straight to an epsom salt bath.
Here's to 10 more days!!!

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

Arlio1207
on 3/24/13 8:55 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

10 more long days, I am hoping my tummy shrinks so its not so bad anymore, I cooked for Joe and my Dad tonight. Jamal went to a b day party and ate there. It didnt bother me but man oh man it smelled good !!! I dont think this will ever get easier so to speak. Depriving your body of food is not a natural thing. But hey, this is what we have to do, and soon the 14 days we did will be a memory and we will be on to a new healthy us. 

Arlene enlightened

Most Active
Recent Topics