who is up for a challenge???

MellissaAnn
on 5/11/13 11:23 am, edited 5/11/13 11:30 am - barrie, Canada

I am just a little over a year post op and I am really starting to pull myself out of my comfort zone, pushing myself and really just testing my ability to do things I NEVER in a million years thought I could or would do. I love the feeling of accomplishment, it is like a high I strive for and have become addicted to. I heard of tough mudder and became instantly intrigued, so I started looking into it and now want to register for their Toronto Fall event this Sept 28th & 29th, this event is done in teams and I thought maybe if I posted the info on here we could get an OH team together. let me know if you are interested.

here is the link...

http://toughmudder.com/events/toronto-fall-2013/

obstacles link...

http://toughmudder.com/obstacles/

Marny B.
on 5/11/13 2:27 pm - Canada

indecisionGULP, that's one heck of a race.  19km plus obstacles! Ive thought about it before, but more in a "one day" sort of way!  LOL!  Good on you for aiming high.  I am intrigued, but terrified.  Have you thought about how you might train for it?  Right now 21km sucks out just about every ounce of energy I have, so I'm not sure how I'd fare, but I too like to aim for seemingly untouchable goals, so Depending on the interest and if you get a team together, I may just be persuaded.  

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

izzyw13
on 5/12/13 12:22 am - Mississauga Ontario, Canada

have a look at the warrior dash...I did it last year and loved it...

Isobel....
isobelsmall.gif picture by lynnca1972

Marny B.
on 5/12/13 12:51 am - Canada

Yes.  I've thought about that one too. That seems like a good place to start. 

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/12/13 3:37 am - Windsor, Canada

Have you done many 5ks and different races? This one is not for the newbie.  It's considered one of the toughest races and can even be a challenge for athletes.  Kudos for you - you are far braver than I!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Marny B.
on 5/12/13 10:55 am - Canada

I was reading reviews and many a person hailed it as "the toughest event on the planet".  Again, I say"GULP".  LOL

Blu-Diva
on 5/12/13 9:44 pm - Hamilton, Canada

WOW

GOOD FOR YOU !!!

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics