Eating too much?

moniquesgettingft
on 5/27/13 6:02 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
So I'm 3 weeks out of surgery May 2 and I'm just wondering if I'm eating too much..? Lunch I had:
Two boiled eggs and a small ginger tuna 85g can
I feel satisfied not stuffed
But I'm trying to get my protein in via food and not only shakes.
I had a Total lean shake for breakfast
For snack 3 cream crackers w/ 95% fat free herb and garlic cream cheese
I read a lot that people can hardly eat anything? I can tolerate most foods fine.
Cheese, milk, cottage cheese,chilli, soup,
Help
Patm
on 5/27/13 6:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I would have trouble eating that much at once now. But if it is not bothering you it should be okay

Lorieliz
on 5/27/13 6:48 am - Canada

You should speak to your nutritionist, that is what they are for (even though they aren't the greatest at calling you back). You should be keeping a food journal for your one month follow up (or your next appointment). They will be able to have a look.

Not sure I would have had the guts (pardon the pun) to eat chili at 3 weks out...

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

moniquesgettingft
on 5/27/13 6:59 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
It all sits well with me.. That's why I was questioning it. I have my appointment on Wednesday and have been keeping a log. I can eat cheese sticks and tilapia with spinach too.
I know I think I'm weird cause I see others struggling and or having issues with amounts.
I take around an 45 min to an hour to finish my shake but that I think is normal. I walk the football field at my sons practice 3 nights a week at a brisk pace 8-10 times
At two weeks out I went to my GP wondering about my blood pressure meds that I had not taken since the morning of my surgery. She took my BP 6 times on the machine and once manually and I was 109/72... She couldn't believe it since I was 144/93 prior to my meds. So she told me to continue not taking them and come back in 6 weeks to do blood work to check my hyperthyroid levels.
Needanewbeginning
on 5/27/13 7:35 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I agree with the others, see what your dietician says at your appointment. It may be fine you can tolerate these foods in these amounts, but the question this early postop is, should you? 

Good luck pal, each one of us are different, no two diamonds are the same. Say what, ok sorry, I am tired didn't nap today lol.

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/27/13 10:55 am, edited 5/27/13 5:53 pm - Windsor, Canada
2 boiled eggs and a can of Tuna seems like a lot to me at 3 weeks out. What are your measurement guidelines!? I was still on liquids at that point so it's hard for me to say. I know that at 3-4 months a mini can of Tuna and a cheesestring was my lunch every day.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

maryottawa
on 5/27/13 2:21 pm - Canada
Hi Monique good for you that you can eat everything. I can't eat to much. (2 eggs and tuna are big for me i can only eat almost one egg at the time) everybody is different. I love chili but i can only eat 1/4 cup máximo 1/2 in a good day.until now 3 week later i can't take all my protein and water for da y . Happy for you you r going very good. Try to eat little by little i know the pouch can extended now, but it's too early for that.
Good luck

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active
Recent Topics