My worst nightmare

MadMax1010
on 6/5/13 8:05 am - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

I am 4 months post op (17 weeks) and this morning when I was doing my hair for work, yep you guessed, it huge handfuls of hair came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been eating my protein, taking my vitamins and it's still coming out, am just hoping that it's not too bad

kristaeb
on 6/5/13 8:15 am

Oh man, sorry to hear that..That is something i worry about too. Fingers crossed for you  Max, hope it doesnt last long...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

gimpymom
on 6/5/13 8:36 am

I have very thick full hair and did I ever lose a lot of it---It is however now growing back so hang in there--you really won't go bald

I am 9 months post op and it has been growing back for the past few months already...I was prepared for this to happen but was shocked at the amount that came out..

Johanna

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Dar_Mab
on 6/5/13 9:27 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

I am 12 weeks out and have long dark hair almost down to my waist.  have just started losing hair and could just about break out in tears at the handful of hair that comes out in my comb or brush. And then I look down at bathroom floor and see yet more like a carpet.  Going to do my best to disguise any thinness by putting up hair for summer.  But if things get really scraggly I may consider cutting and layering hair.  I don't want to as I love my long hair and the flexibility the length offers in terms of style.  Well here's hoping I won't have to cut it.  I am really focusing hard on getting in my 80 g of protein in daily

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

willowraine
on 6/5/13 11:57 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
What a coincidence because I have noticed the last few days that I have been losing more than I normally do. Even though I knew it was going to happen it sucks. I hate seeing clumps of my hair all over the shower and bathroom.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Nanato2
on 6/5/13 12:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Yes I am almost 4 months out and having starting losing hard like crazy.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Monica9811
on 6/5/13 10:27 pm - Peterborough, Canada

My hairdresser told me to buy Silicea-liquid form. I had bought the pills because the liquid looked gross but she told me it works faster so I will put it in my protein shakes in the morning.  I also make sure I condition my hair every morning so as not to cause more loss when styling it.  Hopefully this doesn't last too long

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/13 10:34 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
So there with you.
Zaudika
on 6/5/13 10:47 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL

I'm about 4 years out and I also had a ton of hair loss.  It *DOES* grow back, just make sure you continue your correct protein / vitamins / etc.    

Due to my genes I'm very pre-disposed to hair loss anyhow.  (BOOO!!!!).    However, there's a shampoo out there called Revita.   I tried a lot of different kinds, (Nioxin, Rogaine for women, etc) and didn't have any luck, but found Revita at the Fantastic Sams salon.   I've used it on and off for a year and what didn't grow back after surgery, has continued to grow back over this last year.   It's expensive shampoo but worth it IMO.

GirlSassy
on 6/6/13 9:56 am - Kingston, Canada

I'm about 6.5 months out and started losing at 3 months. It has slowed down considerably, but I cut my hair off in advance. I  figured a small nest would be less traumatizing than a huge nest of long hair. I have already noticed re-growth. I am on track for my vitamins and protein (avg 80 a day)

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

Most Active
Recent Topics