Recipes

Sherri C.
on 7/10/13 1:47 am
RNY on 04/05/13

I know I've seen people talking and exchanging recipes...I'm 3 months Post Op and on a regular diet (exempt red meat) is there a spot here where people post/share recipes? I'm really having a hard time with protein intake ect. and need to try new recipes

thank you!

Nelson P.
on 7/10/13 2:27 am - Canada
RNY on 08/28/13

Join this group and click on discussions

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Referral-03/19/12>>> Orientation_05/16/12>>>Social Worker-07/30/12>>>Nurse-07/30/12>>>Nutrition-08/13/12>>>Psych-09/25/12>>>NUT-10/31/12 Dr.Hawa(sleep)-01/22/13>>>Psych(again)-05/16/13>>>Meet the Surgeon-06/07/13(Dr.Aarts)>>>>Surgery Date - 08/28/13

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/13 8:23 am - Straford, Canada

i use allrecipes.com as it has user ratings, and full nutrient details for each recipe!  Its awesome!  Tons of high protein recipes!

Lorieliz
on 7/10/13 9:22 am - Canada

google "gastric bypass pinterest". Tons of people on pinterest who have posted/pinned/recommended recipes.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

happypants
on 7/10/13 10:01 am - Ottawa, Canada

Sherri one thing to consider is Almonds. I pack a container with about 20-26 almonds depending on how accurate I  count. Protein doesn't always have to come from meat. I am 12 days shy of my two year mark and to this day chicken and I hate each other.

Each day early out I would log my food on the "what are you eating/doing today" just to get meal ideas from others on here and to be social. The ladies on that thread are wicked!!!! I love them dearly 

Another way to increase your protein intake is to have Greek yogurt, mix granola into it. Its super tasty and loaded with goodness. 

Legumes are another food loaded with protein. Sometimes I have lima beans and I toss some butter on them with salt and pepper (light on the salt and heavy on the pepper,) I have it for lunch sometimes too. You could season them with whatever spice you like..yummmm

If you are an egg fan then you could also make egg salad. When I was early out egg salad really seemed to go down nicely.

By this point you are probably SICK to death of chili...I sometimes make a white chili with white kidney beans and turkey etc. If you Google "white Chili" you will get some awesome recipes. At the end I shred parmesan cheese over top and   place under the broiler to melt. A nice slice of mozzarella is good too. 

When I think of what helped me the most was the Premier protein shakes from Costco. 30g of protein in a easy to drink pre mixed carton. I think that was truly a lifesaver for me.

All the best!! 

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Most Active
Recent Topics