Hysterectomy oct 3

crstalww
on 10/9/13 10:18 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
On oct 3 rd I had a hysterectomy 3 night stay and lots of pain I am 11 months out and down 111 lbs . My ryn was easy and painless compared to this. Over arise left in everything else removed. I have always had issues with my periods and last June I had an ablation which worked after my ryn it started again yep my period the pain fevers and staying In bed for days. I am 34 have 5 kids and I am thankful for ryn. Just wanted you all to know that the pain is a walk in the park for me with my ryn. I had open hysterectomy and stuck at home in bed for weeks. I wanted to also I see you and I congratulate you all on your choices your nsv and go the ones who are having issues continue to work with your doctors your team and I'm thinking of you all. Cheers from angus

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Patm
on 10/9/13 10:58 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I had an open one in March. I am older so they removed everything. Hope you are now on the mend.

Hanneli xoxo
on 10/9/13 10:59 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Lucky you! I am still waiting for a call from the hospital for my vaginal hysterectomy! Did you have yours done vaginally or laparoscopic? I am keeping my ovaries as well.  Cannot WAIT to have it done! Heal well :)

Leanne1
on 10/9/13 11:00 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I had a hysterectomy too, 7yrs ago. I don't have kids. I was 29 when I had mine done. You have to push thru the pain and not let it get you down. Walking is good, slowly. 

I have had many surgeries and often say that I am now just a shell. 

It will get better, just take it easy :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

kellybelly333
on 10/10/13 2:41 am - Toronto, Canada

Did you have open? I'm hoping for a vaginal one, if that's what they finally decide to do with me.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leanne1
on 10/10/13 2:54 am - Newmarket, Canada
I had an open one.. Dr Nan said he will use that scar line for my panni, when the time comes

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Sunny123
on 10/9/13 11:58 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I had an ablasion years ago...It is amazing.  My period started up after I left my husband for about 3 months then stopped again.  I hope it doesn't come back after my surgery. I hope you feel better soon.

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/13 9:26 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I agree Crystal, I had an open Hysterectomy when I was 35, a bunch of years ago. It was quite painful compared to the RNY. The RNY was a cake walk. I hope you are feeling well soon. Big Hugs

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/13 10:49 am

open?  that sounds painful.

I had one ... but they used my incision from my c-section.  so odd -- i had almost no pain for the most part.  i just needed to move carefully and keep my emotional stress level to a minimum.  may that could be an option for some of you?  i know a phenomenal obgyn (FEMALE) in etobicoke if anyone wants a name.  I would literally trust this woman with my life (there is a story behind that statement) so she comes with my full 150% approval (and I don't approval many from the medical world).

Laurie C.
on 10/10/13 9:43 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I understand, I had my hysterectomy when I was 30, 26 years ago, it was open and they used my C-section scar.  It took quite a while to get over it but I did get over it.

There are a couple of bonuses

1.  if they took your cervix then you don't need any more paps and

2.  you still have the playground just no more nursery.  (always look for the silver lining)

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Most Active
Recent Topics