What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 10/21/13 6:23 pm

RNY  4 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

At least I made it until 3A.M. before waking......Hopefully I will return to good sleeping when some of my extra stress has dissipated......

A few meetings  and appointments in the morning....then in to work....am going to try and get out at a normal time today....just home this evening with a walk at some point to get some exercise in

STEPS - 6100....not bad for being at wor****il past 8 P.M......I made a point of walking around the building a few times to get some fresh air....my bod hurts less if I move

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 large egg bite

L - 1 1/4 cups of slow cooker chili

1/4 cup of shredded habanero cheese

D - 2 eggs

2 slices of peameal bacon

S - 2 Wasa

1 triangle of light laughing cow cheese

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,098,  Carbs - 62 grams,  Fat - 53 grams,  Protein - 104 grams

All water....2-3 litres.....a few decaf tea and coffee....and all vits

Have a great one    mail

KerryF.
on 10/21/13 8:48 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Good morning Birdiegirl,

just wanted to mention the sleep - things might improve when the clocks go back. if it weren't for the fact I'm off work right now post surgery I would also be having a problem with my sleep. Generally I have problems in September/October with insomnia until the clock changes..... unfortunately someone and their infinite wisdom moved that to November 

RNY  7 Days Post Op

Woooooohoooooooo made it a week!

Last night was better, at 11 pm though my husband was off to find a Shoppers Drug Mart open to get me some Zantac because the acid was building and I wanted to have a better night. I crushed the pill (that was tasty - Not!) and the gas was much better contained all night. So I'm pretty certain it's not eating too much since I didn't get a whole Premier Shake in yesterday.

Today I'm cutting out plain water and will stop consuming anything by 5pm

So for today will try:

2 Premier protein shakes mixed with 1/4 cup milk each

1/4 cup of Cream of wheat

1/4 cup Mushroom Soup

Unsweetened homemade ice tea (instead of water) made with decaf Rooibos loose tea from DavidsTea.

All vitamins and supplements

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Patm
on 10/21/13 11:03 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might want to call your centre with the continued acid reflux. I find filtering my water with brita helps. It gets rid of the chemicals added. I believe Nanato2 boils her water to get the same thing no chemicals. Sometimes ho****er can be easier as well

KerryF.
on 10/22/13 1:30 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I heard from the centre,  Florence the NP emailed me back she said yes acid reflux and along with gas, burping, etc. is very common post surgery. If it persists for a couple months they will then become concerned, until then I'm doing ok and to stop eating and drinking up to 1 hour before bedtime to help.

Leanne1
on 10/21/13 11:07 pm - Newmarket, Canada

"Today I'm cutting out plain water and will stop consuming anything by 5pm"

What do you mean by this? 

Are you going to add flavouring to your water? And why stop consuming anything by 5pm??

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

KerryF.
on 10/21/13 11:21 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

yes I switched to unsweetened ice tea mixed with filtered water. and I'm stopping everything at 5 pm because that's when the heartburn starts.

I've emailed the nurse pract. at TWH because well they have never answered the phone and they do not return voice messages. So hopefully email will get a response.

Leanne1
on 10/21/13 11:31 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Ahh.. ok.. just keep calling.. they should eventually answer.

The snack list that they gave you, try to eat something around 8pm .. 30g cheese and a few crackers perhaps..

Your body nEEds something in the evening.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

KerryF.
on 10/22/13 12:03 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I'm not allowed that stuff yet? liquids only for another week.

my sister is a nurse and she says high protein diets produce acid and I have nothing to absorb it and perhaps the prevacid is not the right proton pump inhibitor for me and perhaps I need something like pantoloc....   anyways will wait to hear from the email I sent Florence at TWH  also I have a GP appointment Thursday  don't think I will die before that :)

Lolabug
on 10/21/13 11:37 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Did you not get a script for Prevacid?

As for water, I'm almost 3 months now and still have issues. Herbal tea works great for me.

birdiegirl
on 10/22/13 2:23 am

Hi Kerrie

I thought about that....and I sure hope setting the clocks back does the trick....( I do seem to remember having this difficulty in the past around this time of year)

Glad you found something to look after the refulx....but I agree with pat you should contact your center

Most Active
Recent Topics