food question for the vets

mispysmom
on 12/1/13 4:42 am - elliot lake, Canada
Wht was ur go to food...did u stay away from startches or eat sparingly?

Amanda

zephie
on 12/1/13 5:40 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Hi Amanda....my go to food is ground turkey....add a bit of quinoa, a spoon of greek yogurt, some salsa (mild). I have chosen to never eat bread or pasta again as they are trigger foods for me. But I get my carbs from veggies...carrots, the odd time a small bake potato, turnip, squash.  So far so good...everything is going very well. How are you coming along??

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

mispysmom
on 12/1/13 9:24 pm - elliot lake, Canada
I messaged u back...didnt u get it? Things r well, doin great so far!! Ive never had quinoa, i should try it :)

Amanda

zephie
on 12/2/13 5:49 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Yes I got it..thanks...I don't like this new system either...lol!!...go to hear your doing so well....have a great holiday!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/1/13 5:48 am - Windsor, Canada

I WISH I'd been told about starches and carbs in general. Then maybe I wouldn't have been a terribly slow loser.

My faves back in the day were Eggface's baked ricotta, cheesestrings, and canned tuna.  My current favourites are:  greek yogurt, beef or chicken jerky, soy nuts. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

mispysmom
on 12/1/13 9:28 pm - elliot lake, Canada
My thought exactly, i have spent so many years putting crap into my body, now tht i.have this tool, i only want the good stuff :)

Amanda

highlandbear
on 12/1/13 10:36 am - Canada

I turn to Greek yogurt.   If I sit down to dinner and just can not do it than I turn to  my yogurt.  I do carbs mostly if  I am in training for a race. My coach refused to train me one time because i said no way to carbs and my energy level was going way down. Went home had some carbs and felt great. i do not eat a lot of carbs just a few spoonfuls but it  helps me when I am training. I also eat nuts to help get protein in.In 4 years I have only had pizza about 4 times and I really stay away from the fast food stuff. Hamburgers have to be what I make nothing from a fast food food place. i have a stomach that does not allow me anything deep fried and even if it did i would stay away from.  Deep fried food was downfault. I do not do any chips or any sweets unless they are made with splenda

mispysmom
on 12/1/13 9:31 pm - elliot lake, Canada
Chips and fried foods are now nonos for me as well...like zephie, ill he staying away from bread for the time being...cuz i love it waaaay to much...havent.had it since september, and im still here...:) i.can do this!!!

Amanda

Mary A.
on 12/3/13 12:18 am

my go to items were cheese strings, Babybels and sometimes Beef Jerky (but that was after several months).  I also introduced Protein bars into my morning routine at about 4 months~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics