Dare I say it? Things are looking up!

Dar_Mab
on 12/9/13 11:18 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Season's greetings to my fellow OHers!

Well I am feeling great and hope to be back at work next Monday.  I see the surgeon this Thursday for final clearance.  Can't wait. Funny ....when I am busy at work , I dream of a few days to sit at home and do nothing.  After sitting at home for three weeks to date doing that nothing, now I dream of going back to work.  Lol 

I am also hoping the surgeon removes my lifting or exercise restrictions. I know it has been only 3 weeks plus this week but I feel like a sloth.   I truly do miss my workouts and my volleyball.  I will be a good girl and follow my instructions but looking forward to getting back to my routine.  I also want to join a gym to add some different exercise routines and to get me out of the house.  I suspect he will ask me to wait a couple more weeks to let things further heal.   Because of the stupid infection I also still have a nurse coming in daily to repack the draining wound. Likely still for a couple more weeks.  So I still can't get in the hot tub.  But soon. And I am looking forward to that too   So New Years will be good!

Having all this time off has allowed me to do lots of thinking and reading so I am also processing my separation and working on plans for the future. I am just getting out to go house shopping now that I am more mobile.    Feeling more in control and ready to move on with whatever I have to do.  

Had my MRI last week on my heart and have an appointment at the Arrhythmia Clinic in preparation for the ablation appointment in London sometime in the New Year.   So that healing path is underway as well. 

My kids and I are planning a trip south this winter assuming my heart issue doesn't get in the way for travelling out of country.   Quite excited about that as I missed out last winter due to RNY.      

I am 9 months out as of yesterday and even though I developed an internal hernia requiring another operation as a complication, I still have zero regrets. It was the best thing I did.  I have lost 150 pounds. A few more to go to account for some bounce back but almost there.   And as a reward for myself for losing the weight and surviving all the other stuff thrown at me over the past few months (separation, heart condition, internal hernia, infection) I went out this week and bought myself Champagne diamonds - earrings, pendant and ring.  Totally extravagant but decided - what the hell!  I deserve it. Nobody else is going to buy them for me. Lol.  Champagne is for celebrating so seemed appropriate. 

I know it is a bit early but want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and hope the new year brings you everything you want.  Take care of your health and ensure you enjoy some time with your family and friends - there is nothing more important !

Darlene

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

RidingFan
on 12/9/13 11:33 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13
Great update Darlene...so glad things are looking up and that you have kept your amazing positive attitude! Glad we have been on this amazing journey together! Blessings for a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful 2014 !

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

smallisland
on 12/9/13 12:20 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

Dar, 

I am so glad that you are feeling better.  Sounds like things are looking up everywhere in your life.  It's wonderful that you treated yourself to the necklace, earrings, and ring. You have been through so much this is the least you deserve :)  Next time i see you I will be expecting that glitter to shine through...but not as much as you.  You are brave, courageous and strong....way to go!

Dance on!  

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too :)

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

em_dep_qua
on 12/9/13 12:56 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13

Good to hear you are doing better!!

Michelle

Referral sent - Jan 11/13  Orientation - Apr 4/13  Nurse & Dietitian - Apr 8/13 (287 lbs)   Food Class - Apr 10/13  Social worker - Apr 29/13   Nurse, Dietitian & Social worker - Jun 3/13 (284 lbs)   Meet Surgeon - Oct 31/13 (277 lbs)   Post-op food class - Nov 4/13   PATTS - Nov 6/13 & Nov 15/13   Surgery - Nov 19/13 (264 lbs)

http://static7.fitbit.com/simple.b-dis-png.hfae558bc2c41731b503ebe7a6047f0d8.pack?items=%2Fimages%2Fdash%2Fbadge_lifetime_kilometers250.png  https://static0.fitbit.com/simple.b-dis-png.h30068d83181db189c8748b935814ece7.pack?items=%2Fimages%2Fdash%2Fbadge_lifetime_kilometers750.png    http://static2.fitbit.com/simple.b-dis-png.h6dfcb257cfbfba6f178818461d9f9962.pack?items=%2Fimages%2Fdash%2Fbadge_lifetime_kilometers1k.png  https://static0.fitbit.com/simple.b-dis-png.h47ce919ba710f3cfedaa1d34fa9522e8.pack?items=%2Fimages%2Fdash%2Fbadge_daily_steps10k.png  http://static5.fitbit.com/simple.b-dis-png.h58e6c75703a655be91bb229e9a500540.pack?items=%2Fimages%2Fdash%2Fbadge_daily_steps15k.png    https://static3.fitbit.com/simple.b-dis-png.h2e5f0b0a057c1141c8c09aa96f17b8c3.pack?items=%2Fimages%2Fdash%2Fbadge_daily_steps25k.png

JJ_
on 12/9/13 8:09 pm

Hey Darlene,

Quite an ordeal that you have been managing through.  I love that you bought yourself some diamonds.  Some nice bling to remind you that you are special.  All the best on the healing front.  I imagine that the issue with travelling will be to see if you get travel health insurance with your pre-existing conditions at a reasonable rate.

All the best this holiday season and for a Happy New Year!

Judy

Sunny123
on 12/9/13 8:32 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Dar

So glad to hear things are turning around for you - you're done, you're not allowed to get sick anymore!

I also plan on buying a nice diamond something but I will wait till I lose my weight...don't say no one will buy any for you - you never know!

All the best in remaining healthy and most importantly - happy! Merry Christmas to you as well my dear!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Monica9811
on 12/9/13 9:01 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Darlene I am so glad you posted.  I was thinking about you yesterday wondering how you were doing.  You seem to be at peace with everything that has gone on and that is half the battle.  Good for you.  There is nothing wrong with spoiling yourself either!!  Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and all the best in 2014! 

Patm
on 12/9/13 9:07 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad to hear from you. I am so happy things are finally looking up for you. I hope things just keep improving and that 2014 is a better year.

kristaeb
on 12/9/13 10:09 pm

Dar i am so glad to hear things are turning around for you. Congrats on your weight loss, and most of all keeping a great attitude with everything that has happened to you in the past few months.. We are stronger than we think at trying times in our lives.Enjoy your gifts you deserve them, and i hope  you and your kids have a Merry Christmas..broken heart..Krista.

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Monica9811
on 12/9/13 10:21 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Darlene I forgot to mention that I sell travel insurance and I can definitely help you out.  As long as your doctor approves your travel I can get you a policy that will cover you for everything.  Email me at [email protected] and I will give you a quote!

Most Active
Recent Topics