update

Robin H.
on 1/2/14 1:30 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Hello all I know I should have posted months ago!  Well I was 2 years post op December 14th and loving it! I started this process at 355lbs and currently weigh 174lbs (FYI I am 5'9) total loss of 181 lbs.  I had plastics with the Amazing and wonderful Dr Azad in Thunder Bay November 9th.  I had breast reconstruction and adominoplasty.  I had both proceedures at the same time (8.5 hrs in OR) and couldn't be more pleased with the results.  There was very little pain associated with either surgery and I was back at work 3 weeks post op.  I have had some small issues with healing but nothing major and go for regular dressing/ packing changes at the hospital but that is almost all healed up as well!  I had been struggling with low iron off and on prior to surgery so I did need a blood transfusion the next day after surgery.  I spent 3 days in hospital and then home I went.  I didn't require home care but had assistance from family to help around the house.  I am missing doing activities with my family like skating, sliding swimming etc but so worth it!  I am restricted for 3 months on doing physical activities including lifting etc.  I am glad I had the surgery in the winter as wearing compression garments would be terrible in the summer heat as they don' breathe well.  For those of you wondering about having more than one proceedure done at once see below :)

• I had no issues with self care
  • only one time going under anesthesia
  • only one healing time
  • no need for extended time off
  • and best of all ALL DONE!

Robin

Patm
on 1/2/14 2:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on reaching goal and having the surgery. Glad it all worked out

Leanne1
on 1/2/14 2:46 am - Newmarket, Canada

Congrats!! 

I am getting ready to have my PS in 11days! Panni, upgraded to a tummy tuck and a breast lift :)

What do you do for work?? I asked my PS for 10 weeks off, so I can heal good and I don't want to risk any sort of infection; I work in a hospital as a cleaner. I am REALLY glad to be also having my surgery in the winter!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Robin H.
on 1/2/14 3:13 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

wow 10 weeks! well I definately couldn't afford to take that long off! I have an office job, I manage a domestic violence program for Northern Ontario.  Had no issues returning to work by 3 weeks and am only about 8 weeks out now.  I couldn't imagine being home 10 but then again I have a hard time staying still :) Also I love my kids dearly but found I was doing more at home than I was at work lol

Leanne1
on 1/2/14 3:40 am - Newmarket, Canada

My paperwork says... return to work .. 3 wks for "a desk job" .. 6wks for manual labour then 3wks modified (I am a manual labourer with alot of heavy lifting (mattresses and other, metal parts of hospital beds, linen and waste bags). My work doesn't really offer modified and if there is, many of the people that have done modified, say that it's harder than the regular work... I want 10 weeks ;) I pay into EI and almost never use it. The last time I did, was for my RNY/ gall bladder surgeries.

I am ALWAYS "on the go". I don't have kids but I work ALOT, cleaning houses, work full time at a hospital and work at a golf course when in season. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Robin H.
on 1/3/14 1:43 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Ok definately makes sense now the need for 10 weeks. yeah I am not allowed anything physical for 3 months.  Good luck with your surgery

LilyBugsMommy
on 1/2/14 4:09 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Congrats!! You sound so happy :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active
Recent Topics