Tell us about your funniest moment since WLS

Mary A.
on 4/2/14 5:12 am

It was on my 1st winter after surgery &  I was wearing a long coat with a skirt that had a safety pin holding in the excess material, which by that time was probably at least 6 inches bunched into a large safety pin.

I  pumped my gasoline & then went in to pay for my gas, when I came out I couldn't walk...I looked down and there around my ankles was my skirt.  Horrified I picked up my skirt and jumped in my vehicle...luckily I had a slip on and the long coat to hide the fact that my skirt had fallen down.

I took my skirts shortly thereafter to a shop to have them taken in.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Jiliana2
on 4/2/14 9:48 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I'm only 8 weeks post-op, but last weekend, I was baking with my preschooler to keep her busy while she was recovering from a bit of a cold.

In my kitchen, I stood and reached up to the top shelf to grab the vanilla extract.

My jeans promptly fell to my knees! I was ever so glad that my 17-year old stepson was downstairs so he missed the 'show'! Yikes!

Luckily, this past weekend, I went to the "Closet" here in Ottawa (for WLS patients) and struck gold... jeans and pants that fit! YAY!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

franky13
on 4/3/14 1:22 am

My 15 year old waiting for me outside the washroom at the mall...didn't recognize me when I walked passed...lol

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

providence
on 4/5/14 12:23 pm
RNY on 03/20/14

I am two weeks post op. When my husband brought me home from the Ottawa Hospital my youngest daughter 12 (a very young 12) greeted me with a hug and kiss but I noticed she looked at me kind of funny. Didn't think anything of it. Later on that day my husband and daughter went to run some errands and in the car my daughter said "daddy, I don't think the surgery worked for mummy" Darran asked her why she thought that and she replied "well, she doesn't look any different and she is still fat". LOL. Out of the mouths of babes....don't know what she was expecting, but wasn't what she saw. I think it is a cute story! ;P

Most Active
Recent Topics