is it normal to have second thoughts sometimes?

busboss1
on 4/8/14 1:14 pm
VSG on 12/18/12

Absolutely normal. I cancelled my first surgery date because I was so nervous and also knew if I postponed until Christmas time, I would have more time off work to heal. I was more worried about the anesthesia than the surgery. Turns out, I would have been fine and I could have gone back to work in a week anyway. It's the "unknown" so I'm sure everyone is nervous. I will end this by saying, it is absolutely the best thing I ever did for myself! I would do it again in a heartbeat, knowing what I know now! Good luck!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

VSG_VET
on 4/8/14 1:30 pm

I finish my last preop appointment next week and suddenly felt the same way. Everybody here is so encouraging and I'm gonna keep pushing forward. I got my weight down over and over. Even got off of BP meds and guess what back.....

taniagirlca
on 4/9/14 9:53 am

Thanks for all the encouraging support, I have a renewed excitement and looking forward to the surgery, it was nice to hear that other people had the same feeling I had :)

Onward and
Downward

on 4/10/14 3:43 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Absolutely - perfectly normal! I was very scared before surgery, very nervous, really questioning whether I should go through with it, and I was afraid that I would chicken out at the last minute.

But I didn't, and I got over my fear of dying on the operating table, and all of that stuff, and I'm so glad I did it now.  No more sleep apnea, walking huge distances, fitting in plane seats with room to spare, biking to and from work...

It's so worth it!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

RidingFan
on 4/15/14 12:47 pm - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

The mind games are tough but necessary to the process. Absolutely best decision I ever made for my health.

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics