I DID IT!!

gunnabehealthy
on 6/7/14 11:44 am

Well I ran my first 10K today!! And a personal best to boot! Done in 1:23 mins. Never would have dreamed this time last year that I would ever be doing this!! What a great feeling of accomplishment! And what a difference loosing 115 pounds does for your self esteem as well. Surgery was Feb. 26th, 2013. If you are thinking of starting running, just do it like I did and you will feel great!! I am doing a mini duathlon in July and another 10K in August, not sure about September and October yet, but I am sure there will be something. Next year I may set my goal for a half marathon, you just never know the possibilities you are capable of!! Lovin' life to the MAX!!

Kittykatt1329
on 6/7/14 12:08 pm - Alfred, Canada

Congrats on your achievement with your weight and the marathon... I'm just starting the road to better health, surgery was on May 23rd

cathy

highlandbear
on 6/7/14 1:48 pm - Canada

congratulations. It is such an amazing feeling when you come through the finish line. Not sure where you live but there are some great half marathons out there. Road to hope is one of them. Good Luck with duathlon. Maybe next year you will do a tri tri

Patm
on 6/7/14 10:53 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Tat is an awesome accomplishment

hibbyangel
on 6/18/14 1:04 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

Cant wait to run with you and Tania in August!...and WE WILL run the woman's half next June! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics