What are you doing/eating today ( Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 10/22/14 7:15 pm

RNY  5 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Bought very little yesterday as I realized I would rather wait until I have a few more pounds off.  Its amazing what a difference 5 pounds makes in clothing VS the 20 or so it used to take to feel any difference.  I am also much more discriminating then when I was SMO and was just happy it fit.  So, hopefully I will go out again in a few weeks when I have lost some more.

STEPS - 7300

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 4 oz of Goodfoods cranberry almond chicken salad

2 cups of kale salad

D - 6 oz sea bass

small Caesar salad

Green beans

Glass of Merlot

S - Light and Lively Greek 80 calorie yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1496,  Carbs - 73 Grams,  Fat - 65 Grams,  Protein - 108 Grams

All water - 2 litres at least - more decaf coffee an all vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 10/22/14 8:23 pm

Good morning everyone.  We have been super, crazy, busy the past few days.  I have had latin dance lessons, swimming, a visit to the Lindt boutique (not for me, but our visitor),staying out until midnight both nights, and a trip to the bar last night for a get together with friends.  My eating has been sporadic but I do try to eat protein first. Have not planned my meals today because it is another day of running around.

Have a good day, I will try to write a longer post tomorrow.

birdiegirl
on 10/22/14 8:44 pm

Life happens and you have to go with the flow.  Carry a protein bar in your bag and you are good to go!  Enjoy your time with your friends

Nanato2
on 10/22/14 8:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Day 4 of going back to basics to stop the carb monster. Everything is going great yesterday approved to me it is all will power and your brain. Went to lunch meeting and they only had sandwiches I took half a sandwich and got rid of the bread and only ate the inside egg salad then they put the tray of sweets right in front of me and they were staring at me most of the time but I ignored them Yahoo for me cus last week I would have eaten the bread and the deserts.

B - Protein shake

S -  Tea

L- Protein shake

S - boiled egg

D- some kind of fish

S - 

Lots of water throughout the day

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

birdiegirl
on 10/22/14 8:46 pm

Way to go!  It really does get easier over time if you just white knuckle it for a few days.....

kellybelly333
on 10/22/14 11:15 pm - Toronto, Canada

Great job Lynn! I battled wanting gourmet cupcakes at my friend's birthday party last night. Didn't touch it. The pizza was on a flatbread, and I ate mostly the toppings only and a few apps. I love it when I feel in control. My eating was full of carb-loading the past two weeks, not great. Keep updating us!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 10/23/14 12:21 am - Mississauga, Canada

Lynn, you're doing great with this! I hope you're feeling more "in control" with your eating?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 10/22/14 11:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I know what you mean about clothes. Before when SMO I was just happy it fit and wasn't too hideous. Now there are so many choices. The 10 lbs I put on last winter are definitely effected the fit of my pants.

Patm
on 10/22/14 11:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Still battling this cold. A couple of people are off work with this cold or flu, whatever. I am just really tired.Using it as an excuse not to bike today. I really need to get off my butt and move.

b yogurt, granola, banana

s apple

l turkey barley soup, yogurt

s simply bar

d chili

s tea only I hope. Then go to bed early again.

carbs are high due to all the fruit and legumes. At least not simply crap

cal 879, prot 66.9

Karen M.
on 10/23/14 12:20 am - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling great, Pat. It's hard to feel motivated to move more, when moving just a little is a struggle.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics