TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE !!!!

ArleneAnne
on 11/18/14 1:29 am - Oakville, Canada

I FINALLY GOT HERE !!!! ..... today is the day that I FINALLY start my pre-op special diet .... and I am SOOOOOO excited !...... more excited than words can EVERY hope to explain !!!

So today ..... I proudly head to the breakfast table ..... and begin the next faze of my journey !

- I mixed 1 bottle Boost Diabetic (Vanilla) with  1 scoop Genuine Health Proteins + (I can't us Optifast due to the aspertaime)

- I place both part into my lovely new pink Blender Bottle and began to shake well !

- then I stopped to  clean off wall, chair, table, my face .... put my robe in wash !! ..... after having rinsed out my Pretty Pink Blender Bottle, I added a new bottle of Boost and a new scoop of Protein Powder ..... I shook well .....THIS TIME HOLDING DOWN THE CAP ON MY PINK BLENDER BOTTLE !!

- I then sit quietly in kitchen and took 30 min. to drink above (and listen to my husband continue to laugh !!)

- hopefully by lunch and DEFINATELY by supper I plan to have mastered the fine art of SHAKER shaking .... and will be off to the races !!!!

- by the way .... I would dearly love to add the graph and my dates to the bottom of my posts....how do I go about that ????  ..... I am not only Shaker challenged, but also definitely challenged as to the ins and outs of Obesity Help !

TKS in advance for your help

Arlene

Catw
on 11/18/14 2:00 am - Arnprior, Canada

This is definitely a learning stage, how we deal with shakes, Opti or other.  Good luck on your pre-op!

Go to Health Tracker, you can fill in weights, goals and set up your ticker there.

Cathy

beme_atlast
on 11/18/14 2:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

You're on your way, congratulations. 

BTW...if you're like most of us your hunger will go away after a few days on the shakes.

Good Luck...Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

melaniealbert_1978
on 11/18/14 2:38 am - Oakville, Canada

Arlene,

Congrats!! Your post made me laugh!! I remember doing a shake diet before and having the same thing happen!

I noticed you are from Oakville!! So am I. I am assuming you are going to Toronto Western. How long did it take you to get to this part of your journey?

Referral sent- Sept 26 2014, Orientation (TWH)- November 12 2014, Sleep apnea test Nov 6 2014, Social worker- Jan 20 2015, Nurse Jan 20 2015, Nutrition -Jan 26 2015

ArleneAnne
on 11/19/14 1:48 am - Oakville, Canada

Greetings

I have been just over a year getting from Orientation to getting my Surgery date !!! ..... at the time it seemed like forever .... but looking back, the time really was not toooo long !! ..... Yes, I am going to TwH ..... and we should get together for a coffee sometime !

melaniealbert_1978
on 11/18/14 2:40 am - Oakville, Canada

To add the time line go to Settings and then message board and you can add it there.

Referral sent- Sept 26 2014, Orientation (TWH)- November 12 2014, Sleep apnea test Nov 6 2014, Social worker- Jan 20 2015, Nurse Jan 20 2015, Nutrition -Jan 26 2015

Donna1964
on 11/18/14 4:55 am - Canada

Hi Arlene, thanks for the post, it really made my day.  I will have to remember to make sure I put the lid on securely when I start mine next year. Just had the post op diet session yesterday. 

I remember this happening with my husband but in a restaraunt and a bottle of Fruitopia.  I shook the bottle for him and popped the cap and set the lid on top then he sat down, grabbed the bottle and started shaking it. Well the look of his face when he was wearing it was priceless. 

Thanks for the chuckle and good luck in the weeks to come.

Donna

NewLife81
on 11/18/14 4:47 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

LOL Love it! I probably would have done the same thing!! I start my optifast on Friday!

I had a tough time with the ticker line and gave up! Lol now i just type it all!!

Good luck with everything!  If my thinking is right you will be leaving the hospital when i get admitted! Can't wait to hear how your doing! 

Guelph - Orientation: Feb 6, 2014 - First Appt w/ Nurse: April 23, 2014 - Social Work & Dietitian: April 30, 2014 - Nurse, Social Work & Dietitian: June 24, 2014 - Post Op Class: Sept 15, 2014 - Surgeon Appt: Oct 15, 2014 - Optifast Start Date: Nov 21, 2014 - Pre Op : Dec 1, 2014 - Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2014 (Dr. Jules Foute-Nelong)

Start Weight: 384lbs   Current Weight: 312.6lbs  Surgery Weight: 346.9lbs  Amount Lost: 72lbs

ArleneAnne
on 11/19/14 1:55 am - Oakville, Canada

It is so tooo bad that we are likely to miss each other at the hospital ..... I so much would love to have someone there are the same time with me .... but hey .... can't have everything that we wish for

Most Active
Recent Topics