What are you doing/eating today (Sunday)

Zizzler
on 11/29/14 6:36 pm

Good day everyone!

Once again, what a difference as day makes!  Hit the gym yesterday for cardio and weights followed by the sauna and massage chair.  Felt so much better after that, and this morning I feel normal again anxiety and stress wise.  Unfortunately I have to work today but plan to hit the gym afterward, then do my groceries, then home.  Will be so glad when these crazy hours stop, it takes so much out of me not having my weekends to refill my energy tub. My dog has not thrown up since yesterday morning and is eating and drinking, hope that continues.  Also hit value village last night but did not find anything that fit right.  I am at the point where my belly bigger than my boobs, which makes me hard to fit.  I might try a different value village today on my way back from work, would like at least one top and pants to wear, mine all mostly have to be pinned now, and it is annoying. May just break down and go to Walmart, see what they have. I find with my body shape that men's V-neck t-shirts often fit better than ladies. It is a balmy 2 degrees here in Ottawa this morning with an anticipated high of 6.  Wow, we'd better enjoy it while it lasts.

15 weeks post-op rny

b - premier protein shake

s - 1/4 a smart for life protein bar, xl decaf orange pekoe tea from Tim Horton's

l - lentil beef chilli

s - cottage cheese with a little peaches, mango, and strawberries, sucralose

d - leftovers barbacoa burrito bowl from mucho burrito

s - herbal tea

all vits and water.

Have a nice day everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

birdiegirl
on 11/29/14 6:58 pm

RNY  5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Glad your stress is easing Zizzler - exercise is great for relieving tensions.

Golfing this morning followed by brunch - home tonight to watch the Grey Cup and hopefully see the Ti-Cats victorious!

My eats today are really different - ended up at a burger place last night - so leftovers from my dinner - plus I had already taken out two big burger's from the freezer for tonight's dinner....fortunately I do love a good burg.  Still having leg cramps so I will eat another banana today - I normally avoid them due to the carbs and sugar - however I need to replace what I have been sweating off.

STEPS - 11,170

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

1/2 burger with cheese and 1 slice of bacon still remaining - no bun

S - 1 small banana

L - 3 egg white omelet

1/2 cup of peppers/shrooms/tomato/spinach in omelet

3 slices of bacon

1 slice of rye toast

D - 2/3 of a burger made with a bit of cheese and bacon

pickles - tomato - onion - mustard

S - Dannon light and fit greek yogurt with 1 TB of granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,115,  Carbs - 59 Grams,  Fat - 56 Grams,  Protein - 94 Grams

All water ( 2-3 litres ) plus all vits and more decaf coffee

Have a great one...

Karen M.
on 11/29/14 10:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry to hear about the continued leg cramps, Barb, so painful. Getting potassium back up is a challenge especially when it's hot and you're active and sweating. Taking a potassium supplement is the only thing that works for me and when really frequent, drinking G2 to maintain hydration and electrolytes. Hope you are able to get it under control and, although I would never say this usually, GO TI-CATS!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 11/29/14 11:15 pm, edited 11/29/14 11:16 pm

It never ceases to amaze me what a powerful tool exercise is.

Patm
on 11/29/14 10:32 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Crazy two days. shopping baking working a bazaar. Totally crappy eating which has shown on the scale. So back on that famous horse today.

Hope your ti-cats win today Barb.

I went out on my bike yesterday. It felt great to be on it again. I had already done a lot of steps but I enjoy riding. I am hoping the rain holds off today and we can ride over to the craft show at the Distillery. Otherwise cleaning the house and watching the football

b 1 egg, 2 sl bacon

l 2 sl deli chicken and yogurt

s almonds

d lemon chicken, acorn squash, salad

s yogurt

cal 882, carb 26, prot 63.2

Karen M.
on 11/29/14 10:47 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Zizzler, I am a little out of the loop but it sounds like you are having some stress challenges - so glad to hear you are feeling better today and that exercise gave you a boost. Also, dressing yourself can be such a pain while losing. The in-between stages our bodie**** are annoying - I might suggest a good padded bra to "even stuff out"?

Busy-ish weekend since Friday as Andrew ended up in the ER, relieved that all is well. Sitting around the waiting rooms has (I think) mucked my back up - slow moving last night and today. :/ Football day, will do a little cooking for the week, not sure what else!

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - 1 egg omelet with ham, veggies and old cheddar, 1/2 slice of whole grain toast

L - small bowl of leftover beef stew, Halo orange

S/D - Chike protein iced coffee, later: football appetizer eats - a couple of bacon-wrapped chicken breast chunks, 2 chicken wings, pickles, olives, old cheddar, kielbasa, a couple of crackers

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Zizzler
on 11/29/14 11:22 pm

Hi Karen, never thought about a padded bra but that might just do the trick.  I am still a D cup but my belly is still DDD so yes awkward time for sure.  It is so strange, not too long ago I bought those bras that are supposed to reduce the look or your bust as I was a DDD cup, now I am doing the opposite 3 months later.  Wow!  I might see what those bra inserts are about as well, if they are cheaper than a new bra I might go with those. Bacon-wrapped chicken chunks eh?  Awesome!

Karen M.
on 11/29/14 11:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I am very flat-chested and lucky if I fill a B cup. I find the underwire "padded" types work best for me. Also, Warner's has some really terrific bras (got them very cheaply at Winner's) that have the formed cup and really lift and quite frankly, make me look like I have boobs. Really comfortable as well.

I have discovered frozen meats at Walmart (their brand) and have been extremely impressed with a few of the boxed items, the bacon-wrapped chicken breast chunks being one of them. The BEST find, however, is their boxed angus steaks. They are individually vac-packed, a perfect size and honestly the moistest, juiciest steaks I've had. A few minutes per side on the BBQ (I like my steak rare) and absolutely delicious. Can't beat 10 fabulous steaks for $25.

Karen

crqvingchange
on 11/29/14 11:52 pm

Good morning everyone.  We had a fun night out last night and not surprisingly, I slept late this morning.  A good night sleep is what I needed to battle this cold.  Lots of leftovers from last night so I don't think I'll be cooking for a week, yay.

Sorry about the leg cramps Barb.  Karen hope Andrew is feeling better and that your back starts feeling better soon.  Pat once again I am jealous of your bike ride to the Distillery District.  Zizzler, glad you are feeling better and take that lovely dog for a walk in the warmer weather today.

Today it's laundry and chores around the house.

4 months post op

B. Lots of decaf and later a piece of flatbread pizza  with truffled mushrooms, a poached duck egg and a little Hollandaise

S. more decaf

L. maybe some Butterball turkey deli meat rollups with Laughing Cow Jalapeno cheese

S. Pumpkin pie protein shake

D. BBQ smoked chicken with gravy and a little bit of mashed potato

S.  Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate.

Have a good day everyone

Patm
on 11/30/14 7:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Didn't make it to the Distillery bu****ching my husband bike him with a hockey bag on his back was pretty funny. We stopped at Canadian Tire and picked it up for my son for Christmas

Most Active
Recent Topics