NSV: running for the bus!

Zizzler
on 3/6/15 9:33 pm

For the past few months I have been regularly running to catch my bus when needed.

So this may seem like something small, but in the past there was not way I was running, and I had just accepted that I would be late and take the next one.  Now, I go for it all out and boy is it empowering when I am able to catch that bus!  Especially this time of the year when I know I will be waiting in the cold if I miss it. 

Just thought I would share that nsv, it makes me smile so big every time it happens, I feel powerful! 

Anyone else experienced this?

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

crqvingchange
on 3/6/15 9:54 pm

Great NSV.  I was feeling that way before my fall and I am trying very hard to get back to that feeling of being stronger.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 3/7/15 6:52 am

You are doing great, one step at a time.  You are an inspiration to me, I love you determination!

Karen M.
on 3/6/15 11:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I remember that feeling so well! Mine was with flights of stairs and I found myself running up them (and not being winded). I started taking the stairs everywhere I went because I could. Good on you. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 3/7/15 6:54 am

That's exactly it, I do it because I can, and it feels super great.  Thanks Karen.

new_me180
on 3/7/15 3:43 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Good for you zizzler. What an exciting moment for sure. I experienced this as well when i noticed i could run on the treadmill a few months ago.  Surprised my niece when she was naughty and tried to run away but i caught up with her very quickly, lol. The best NSV i have to date is when the same niece told me how happy she was that i'm now more active with her.

Zizzler
on 3/7/15 6:58 am

Oh, that is so cool!  I have not ran on a treadmill yet but that's a great idea.  I have gone from 1 resistance on elliptical to 16!  Amazing!  Did you ever run before surgery?  I have never been a runner but find I want more intense exercise.

new_me180
on 3/7/15 8:14 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

The last time i ran comfortably was in high school 20 yrs ago. If it wasn't for my bad knee right now, i'd be running everywhere, lol. I like the elliptical as well. I had a hard time on it before surgery but, after i lost soooo much weight, i took to it like a duck to water. Now i can do 11 min miles.

Zizzler
on 3/8/15 9:53 am

I have a bad right knee too and was told I would need a knee replacement eventually.  I am still pretty cautious but I am hopeful that with a leg brace I may be able to do some running again. I can do 40 minutes at level 16 resistance on hills setting now no problem, when I first started after surgery 1 was doing 10 minutes at level 1 resistance with no elevation.  Its amazing!

Keith_K
on 3/7/15 6:00 am - Milton, Canada

Fantastic!

These so called little things are why you go through the hard stuff. I hope everyone on the bus gave you high fives and a round of applause. Did you hear the music from Rocky in your head, or am I going back too far?

Anyhow, congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Keith

Most Active
Recent Topics