What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

TanyaLH
on 3/9/15 6:41 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

22 months post op

steps 11576

Morning all,

I see OH is back this morning, I could not post all weekend. 

Hope everyone is well.

B 2 boiled eggs, protein coffee

S 1/2 ff cottage cheese w/ tomatos

L 3 oz ground veal ( I seem to tolerate this) burger w/ all the fixings, no bun, 1/2 c sweet kale salad

D 1 c homemade chicken stew

Be well everyone

Tanya

Karen M.
on 3/9/15 8:01 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Working today, a couple of errands, and then home to collapse. lol The time change hit me this morning!

8.5 years post-op

-coffee with milk x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt

L - Shepherd's pie made with cauliflower mash from the freezer (it looks like it will measure about 1 cup total)

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (2), a couple of grapes

D - 3 oz BBQ steak, lemon-basil green beans & mushrooms (this has become my favourite dinner lately)

S - not sure yet (sometimes I want one, sometimes I don't, but I always have a drink on the go (coffee, tea, water) so there's that

Have a terrific Tuesday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 3/9/15 10:46 pm - Toronto, Canada

Mmm lemon basil green beans!! Easy to make?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 3/10/15 6:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Extremely. Parboil the beans while you sautee the mushrooms in butter/EVOO, throw in the basil (fresh or dry or I prefer the refrigerated "tubes" of chopped fresh) and a generous helping of lemon juice (to your taste). Throw the beans in the pan and toss while cooking until beans are done to your liking. Add pepper. BOOM.

Easy, yes? Sometimes I add an onion with the 'shrooms, red is nicest.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

tameka_halstead
on 3/9/15 8:02 pm - Canada

4 years post op-

day 2 back and I feel great! Sugary carbs really is the devil... I have so much more energy today and my mind seems a lot more clear. 

B-hi protein oatmeal with almond milk

S-coffee-double double 

L-premier protein shake 

S-sugar free jello

D-talapia with spinach salad

s-?

968 cal, 96 g of protein 

vitamins and aiming for 2 l of water.. Yesterday I did 13000 steps aiming for at least 15000 today 😊.. Already down 2 lbs from yesterday 😊..just 18 more to go WOOT woot

crqvingchange
on 3/9/15 8:32 pm

Good morning everyone.  Karen have you tried freezing your portions in a silicon muffin tin?  It's great to bake and freeze in the same tin, and they pop out of the tin easily to form little portion sized frozen pucks that you can put in a Ziplock.  Tameka, you are doing great.

Today it's swimming, coffee, errands, and maybe a nap.

7 months post op.

B. Protein shake

S. large decaf coffee before and after swimming.

L. Poached egg with brisket and a little Hollandaise

S. Greek Yogurt

D. Shrimp and cod in a cajun sauce

S. Strawberries and a little LF whipped cream

Have a great day everyone. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

tameka_halstead
on 3/10/15 12:22 am - Canada

Thank you 😊

kellybelly333
on 3/9/15 10:48 pm - Toronto, Canada

Great job! The first bits of pounds will slide off as you let go of water retention. Yay!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

tameka_halstead
on 3/10/15 12:23 am - Canada

I'm hoping 10 lbs of water retention lol 😊

kellybelly333
on 3/9/15 10:45 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning all. Currently getting an iron infusion and thinking of my IronMan hopes. Kentucky sold out before I knew it! Now I need to decide if I want to try to raise funds for the IronMan foundation (I have to raise $3,000), or try a different race like Cozumel in November. Decisions, decisions. But I think I will sleep in it here in the hospital bed :)

b: one scrambled egg and sliced turkey and apple

l: hard boiled eggs and avacado (it's an eggy day)

S: roasted chick peas

d: unsure. Whatever Ross comes up with. His sister is coming over

6k tempo tonight after the Running Room clinic, as long as I feel up to it. Have a great day all!

Most Active
Recent Topics