What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

TanyaLH
on 3/30/15 7:12 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

22 months post op

steps 9725

Morning all,

Running late today, work and the gym is the plan today. Hope everyone is well :)

B 1 c ff cottage cheese/ yogurt mixed, protein coffee

S 1 c homemade protein shake

L 1/3 c chili on 1/2 c garden salad 1 oz shredded habenaro cheese

D 1 c homemade turkey veg soup

S tea, 4 oz skim milk

Be well everyone

Tanya

libra1
on 3/30/15 7:32 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning everyone,

I'll be spending the morning at the Fracture Clinic seeing if the surgeon can give me some insight why the screws and rod that he put into my leg a few years back are causing me so much discomfort --- thought it would get better after the weight loss, but it hasn't.

Today's menu...

B-Oatmeal with flaxseed & cinnamon

S-Flat white coffee

L-Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt

D-Minced extra lean turkey and diced tomatoes

S-Greek yogurt

Patm
on 3/31/15 2:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope they find a way to make it less painful. Sounds aweful

Karen M.
on 3/30/15 8:42 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Tanya, that's not like you to be running late - don't let it throw your day off! Libra, sorry to hear about the pain you're having, I hope they can offer some solution.

Out the door in a few minutes, just trying to enjoy the last sips of my coffee before having to endure the swamp water they'll be serving up all day/night at work. (I know. Coffee snob.) Day one of the elections went exceptionally well yesterday I am very pleased (and relieved) to report. Polls close at 8 tonight and then the public ballot count, etc etc etc. I'll be amazed if I make it home before midnight. Being out from 7 AM to late evening has taken some creative planning menu-wise and I'm thrilled to have found the chicken salad on Sunday. :D

The Costco roast chicken salad (rotisserie chicken, celery, onion, mayo) was even better than I remembered it being a couple of years ago. Zizzler, the dates on the container are marked but generally you can get 5 days fridge-life out of them to be on the safer side. With 4 very large scoops in the container, each weighing approx. 7.5 oz (I weighed it) it is a lot of chicken to eat in a relatively short period of time, so no, it would not likely work for you at this point since you would be the only one eating it and you're still fairly early post-op. Yesterday I ate one scoop divided between lunch and dinner with pickle slices and some melba rounds, today will be the same.

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x several over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek (apple pie), a few grapes

L - chicken salad, pickle slices, a few melba rounds

S - Premier protein shake

D - same as lunch

Have a terrific Tuesday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 3/30/15 10:44 pm

Thank you for the info Karen, very helpful.  I will keep it in mind as a potential party or gathering food.  Hope elections go well, sounds super interesting.  

I tried freezing meet roll ups for lunch last night to see if that will work. I will let you know how that turns out.

7 months post-op

B - premier protein shake, xl decaf coffee

s - Apple pie sf Greek yogurt with 2 tbs almonds

l - 3 ham Swiss and mustard rolls, cucumber slices

s - 2 tbs almonds, later..,half a simply protein bar...later sf grape dasani 

d - 1 cup kidney beans with garlic powder, onion powder, and cheese.  Plain greek yogurt and franks hot sauce as toppings

s - peanut butter on celery

all vits and water

Seyenna
on 3/30/15 9:14 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Sunday/Monday are my days off for the next few weeks, so with Friday being a holiday this will feel like a really short week - woot! I bought new mascara last night and even though I washed it off really well, I woke up with red and sore/swollen eyes, ugh.

b - premier protein shake

s - source greek yogurt

l  - deviled eggs

s - some cheese and ham slices

d - small greek salad tossed with chicken

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Karen M.
on 3/30/15 9:20 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hooray for the short week, I couldn't agree more! And mmmm... deviled eggs. Thanks for the craving. ;)

Karen

Seyenna
on 3/30/15 10:01 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I found that really early on I went TOO low in fat and carbs, so things like deviled eggs help me get some healthy fats in. I love this forum though, it forces me to think about what I'm eating throughout the days and in turn I plan it early. Instead of worrying about what I'll when lunch time rolls around I'm making my lunch first thing in the morning.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Karen M.
on 3/31/15 9:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You just found the key to what I consider the base of my success - planning and organization. Life is so much easier with a plan! :)

Karen

kellybelly333
on 3/30/15 10:55 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning all. Still recovering from Sunday's race, and post-race bloat. :-) Expected, and back to normal is good for me! I am coming down with a cold, so not happy about that!

4 years post-RNY

Personal training session this morning - upper body only this week.

B: queen street bread, almond butter, protein coffee

S: roasted soy nuts

L: eggs and avacado

S: apple

D: unsure...my Running Room clinic is going to a pub, after the chat. No running tonight, yay!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics