Opti Day One- not bad

Smallermenow
on 4/10/15 3:37 am

Today is day one.  I have two weeks of Opti and then surgery April 24th.  So far today I have had my breakfast and lunch opti, 4 cups of black decaf coffee, and 12 oz of water.  It says drink 6-8 cups of fluid in addition to your 4 shakes day.  That doesn't seem to be any problem so far.  The shakes are not that bad.  I got the chocolate ones.  The first one I had to take a deep breath and then drink, but by the second I was used to the smell.  I took all my pills and vitamins.  Question:  with all my appointments done and everyone who has looked at my list of meds and vitamins, no one has told me that I need to take calcium or iron.  It seems like everyone on here takes those.  I take Vitamins D and C chewables, Omega 3 gummies and Centrum Select 50+ chewable multivitamins.  Should I start taking Calcium and iron on my own or wait and see if they tell me I need to start after surgery?  Thanks.

Julie

lammytee14
on 4/10/15 4:49 am

Good for you for having a good first day on Opti.

As for the vitamins, did the dietitian cover what multi-vitamins and calcium citrate you should take post-op at your pre-surgery class? Or is it in one of your reference materials/handouts? If not, call your centre to confirm. Also, please double-check with your centre about taking vitamin C while on Opti. At the Ottawa WMC, we were told not to take any additional vitamins, particularly vitamin C on Opti as it can cause kidney stones.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Smallermenow
on 4/10/15 5:05 am

Wow, thank you Tammy!!  No one told me not to take my vitamins.  I will call my center now. 

As far as what to take after surgery, Centrum Select 50+ was the only thing that I was told to take.  Before I was taking One a Day gummies.

Julie

Smallermenow
on 4/10/15 5:55 am

I just spoke to the Windsor Center.  They said to keep taking my vitamins.  No problems.  Whew! 

Julie

lammytee14
on 4/10/15 7:05 am

I'm glad you double-checked. :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

cherg24
on 4/10/15 8:54 am - Ontario, Canada

I'm on day ten of twenty one for mine!! Your surgery will be here before you know it!

iceblaze3k
on 4/10/15 10:58 am - Canada
RNY on 02/18/15

I did 4 weeks and honestly I loved Opti, I think part of the reason I got so big is because I am very lazy in the kitchen. With Opti I didnt have to think or work just enjoy a 1 min meal. Now with the surgery I have to cook and stuff... its harder. While I love the progress I have made with my RNY honestly if OHIP had paid for the Opti I probably would have done that. (Thats just me though and who knows how sustainable it could have been).

juleeg
on 4/10/15 3:09 pm - Canada

My centre didn't have me on vitamins before but centrum 50 chewable took from day 3 postoperative and liquid calcium from shoppers cause the calcium tabs I found way too big to swallow after. Good luck surgery is just around the corner yay! 

Referral Sent:  June 2014  Orientation TWH:  Sept 17, 2014 Social Worker:  Oct 6, 2014 Nurse Practitioner:  Nov 10, 2014 NUT Class: Nov 11, 2014 PYSCH:  Nov 19, 2014 Dietician:  Nov. 21, 2014 Surgeon: Jan 16, 2015 Surgery: Feb 3rd, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics