TWH - Orientation July 8th

Toronto Girl
on 5/22/15 9:37 am

I finally got the orientation date - July 8th. My referral was end of March.

Anyone else have this? Anyone have any tips on TWH? The nurse there I spoke to told me it's 6months to 1year after orientation for surgery...

annieliv
on 5/22/15 12:04 pm - Toronto, Canada

Congrats!

You will get all the info you need and I suggest you bring along a support person, as 2 heads are better than one.

All the best!

HW: 345 SW: 315 GW: 180 RNY 21/Apr/15

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/15 11:29 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am having my surgery out of TWH as well. At the orientation, a Nurse does a presentation on everything to do with the surgery.  You will be given a folder with information in it regarding the surgery, etc.  At the end of the session you will be given a handout with your next 2-3 appointments on it. You can always call in to move up your appointments on cancellations if they are available. Be nice to the staff and they will try their best to accomodate.  I believe the order is Orientation, Social Worker, Nutrition Group, Dietician, Nurse, Psychologist and then Surgeon.  As they said, it can take up to one year. I had my orientation on January 9/15 and I am just waiting for my surgeon appointment now but I did have about a 1 month delay due to some issues with Sleep Apnea. Nevertheless, it is best to remain calm and patient and let it happen as it is supposed to :)

Most Active
Recent Topics