Vomiting??

Tammy-Jo M.
on 6/13/15 12:28 pm - Canada

Hello all

it has been a very long time since visiting this site and I sometimes forget I even had a gastric bypass.  Until I was sick the other day and could not vomit.....in fact I have not since my surgery.  has anyone else experienced this?

Robyn R.
on 6/13/15 1:12 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

I have only vomited once or twice but have had some nausea & very loud & painful dryheaves & retching. I'm louder than most drunks LOL!

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

highlandbear
on 6/13/15 5:47 pm - Canada

I can not vomit since the surgery either. i am 5 years out. I have had the dry heaves real bad once. I will say this if it will not come up than stay close to the bathroom because it will come out the other way.  i have learned if I feel sick don't leave home or I am in trouble. 

Delicious_Delilah
on 6/13/15 7:16 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Nope. Can't really vomit, unless it's within a couple minutes of eating -- that's happened a couple of times when I was at the very beginning.  When I was in the hospital for an internal hernia last summer, doctor confirmed that it's unlikely that I can vomit (when the nurse asked me if I had vomited). Dry heaves only!  

DD

Zizzler
on 6/14/15 5:25 am

I can sometimes vomit a small amount but usually it is just saliva-ish stuff coming out if anything.  I have "vomited" maybe a half dozen times in 10 months, but there have been times where I wished I could vomit and could not, that is worst feeling.  Taking a few sips of water sometimes helps, as well as a ginger gravol.  Other than that I just lie down if I can and wait it out and try to avoid doing what I did to cause the issue in the future.  Generally it has been when I eat too fast and not pay attention to my portion size. 

tlj1974
on 6/15/15 6:59 pm

This really scares me, I tend to pass out when I vomit once I get to the point of nothing left to bring up.  I have not had my operation and one more thing for me to think about.

Most Active
Recent Topics