What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

TanyaLH
on 6/29/15 5:05 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years 1 month post op

steps 11735

Morning all,

No plans today just work.

B 1/2 c ff cottage cheese 1/2 c Source Cherry yogurt, protein coffee

L 1/4 c tuna salad, 4 cucumber slices, 3 melbas

S 1/2 c greek yogurt w/ 1/4 c mixed berries

D 4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 c sweet kale salad

Be well everyone

Tanya

Zizzler
on 6/29/15 5:27 am

Good morning everyone.  That chicken salad sounds awesome, i have never seen either one at my Costco but then I only go once a month.  No ranting this morning, feeling pretty relaxed after a solid workout yesterday with weight and all.  Wearing a skirt to work for the first time in many years, hope that goes ok.  As Karen mentioned it is 50% off at value village today in case anyone want to stock up.  Got 6 tops and 6 bottoms for 50 dollars total yesterday.  But be prepared to wait for a change room, I waited over an hour, it was exhausting.  

Karen I bought a pack of those black river steaks at Walmart yesterday.  Have  you tried the burgers?

Just work and the gym today, nothing special.

10 months post op

b - 1/2 gnc lean strawberry protein shake, xl decaf coffee

s - lc pumpkin chocolate chai squares...later other half of shake

l - dried teriyaki pork pieces, local snap peas, later... Another decaf

s - plain greek yogurt with a sf juicy gel in it for flavour

d - chicken burger with Caramelized onion and Swiss cheese, wax beans

s - sf raspberry lemonade 

all water and vits

Have a good day!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 6/29/15 12:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Black River? Is that the Walmart box of steaks?

I haven't tried the burgers, no.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 6/29/15 2:24 pm

Yes, you mentioned them several times on here.  They look good!

Karen M.
on 6/30/15 2:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

I just couldn't remember if they were Black River brand - old age you know. lol

Those steaks almost melt in your mouth. Pretty sure you could cook them with a blow torch and they'd be okay. ;)

Karen

kellybelly333
on 6/29/15 6:41 am - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all. Fighting a cold, and hoping it stays away for my race this weekend (Muskoka Half IronMan on Sunday)

I'm on a slight taper (training reduction before a race), and I feel good about tapering this time. It's usually not a great time, because you eat a bit more (later in the week) to store your energy, and you move less. Always against what we learn here. But alas, I must do what I must do!

Had too much wine on Saturday. I know better to say yes to a second glass. It leads to bad eating. So training Sunday was not great at all. Moving forward.

Rest day today. Higher protein early in the week, to make way for carb-loading in the latter. 

Tonight i'm speaking at the Running Room's Learn To Run session. They wanted a few of us with inspiring backstories for motivation. I am honoured to be asked. :-)

B: protein coffee, goat yogurt mix

S: beef jerky

L: chili

S: Chicken soup

D: hoping to get in Chicken and Salad before I go to the clinic

Have a great day all!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

new_me180
on 6/29/15 2:20 am, edited 6/29/15 2:53 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Afternoon all, hope everyone had a good weekend. CC have a great trip and be safe. Zizz, glad you found something you like at VV. I can never ever find something nice and cheap at VV. I've gone a few times and have given up. I'd rather buy something at Giant Tiger or Walmart for new.

I have that interview tonight at 6pm, odd time, i know. Well, wish me luck. That's all i have pretty much planned for today and i'm constipated as heck. Been taking benefibre and been moving well (TMI i know) now nothing is moving. Went to plan b, which is MOM, for 2 days now, no movement, i'll do 1 more day and then move to plan c, lol, whatever that is.

I think i've finally manage to curb my hunger for sweets. Did good yesterday and had no "craving" like before. So hopefully this will taper off as the week goes by.

B - 1/3 leftover omelette from last night, 2 slices bacon and asparagus

L - 2.8oz chicken breast, lettuce

S - 1/2 peach, canned sardines in tomato sauce

D - 2oz grilled pork shoulder, 1/4 cup sweet potato casserole and green beans

S - cappuccino, protein mug cake (protein powder, egg, water) puff up like cake, i was surprised

Totals: 884 cals, 40 carbs, 43 fat, 84 protein

Have a great day all, Nia 

crqvingchange
on 6/29/15 10:57 am

Good luck in the interview Nia. I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

new_me180
on 6/29/15 12:05 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks CC, i'll let you know what happens. I hope i get the job. At least it's something for now.

Karen M.
on 6/29/15 12:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good luck with your interview, Nia.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics