What are you eating/doing today ( Thursday)

Zizzler
on 8/27/15 4:41 am

Good morning. Tanya I hope you feel better soon, maybe soup as birdigirl mentioned?  Work and home today. Saw Paddington at the drive in last night with my 8 year old niece, it was a lot of fun.  I feel so much happier paying attention to the Auntie role rather than focusing on work. Yay!

1 year post op

b - gnc protein shake banana, decaf coffee

s - sf source Mandarin greek yogurt with a tbsp almonds added

l - tomato, cucumber with cheese string

s - tiny gala Apple from my fathers Apple tree, 1 tbsp almonds, later another decaf coffee

d - sluced local organic tomato with salt and pepper, garlic feta cheese spread

s - bag quest protein chips cheddar flavour

all water and vits, have a good one!

Roma
on 8/27/15 4:46 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Go Ti Cats! Boo BRAT diet.

Happy mini Friday to you all. A few appointments today, plus work- nothing too exciting happening. My back is feeling a touch better today, which is a relief. 

I'm going to start trying to post food amounts, because I see that's an area some people slip up down the road in maintenance.

2 months post op 

B GNC total lean banana

S Decaf coffee with 2tbsp soy milk 

L 40g liverwurst on cucumber slices

S greek yogurt .8cup

D 3 small meatballs, 4tbsp sauce, 20g parm petals

S babybell if I get snacky or need protein

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Wenders8
on 8/27/15 5:03 am

Happy Thursday everyone! Had great intentions yesterday with my menu but poor execution. I was too busy to stop for any meals except my egg whites for breakfast, a protein bar and 4 spoons of spicy sausage pasta sauce( no pasta ) today I need to be better prepared with take along meals. so here is my intended menu for the day ( packing a cooler bag to take with me)

10 weeks post op

B- srambled egg whites

s-1/2 protein bar

L- protein drink

S- source Greek yogurt

D - not sure but protein based

all water and vitamins

i hope you all have a great day! 

Zizzler
on 8/27/15 1:13 pm

I love fine liverwurst, never had it on a cucumber yet but sounds delicious.

Roma
on 8/27/15 2:31 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

It's really good on a cute or even by itself.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

new_me180
on 8/27/15 9:05 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Have fun at your tournament Barb. Glad your back is better Roma and hope everyone else is well. I'm doing better each day and getting out of the funk i was in.

22 months post op

B - 2 scrambled eggs with jalapeño cheese, 2 tbsp bb

L - 3.5oz tilapia, 1/2 cup cabbage/green beans/carrots

S - protein shake, 1 tbsp pb

D - 3oz smoked turkey leg, zucchini with cheese sauce

S - 1/2 cup milk, cheese string

Totals: 892 cals, 27 carbs, 46 fat, 93 protein, Have a great day all, Nia

Patm
on 8/27/15 9:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all, Went to Rheumatologist today. Not very helpful. MRI did not show any problems. So now she want to send me to more doctors. Part of me is glad I am being looked after but another part thinks I already go to far too many doctors. She did give me a script for knee braces for long walks and wrist brace for sleeping. 

Tonight I want to clean out part of my closet. Looking for a specific item I think I inherited from my Mom. I want to give to my son but not sure where it is.

So I let my better intentions get away from me. I bought a muffin at second cup. At least it is in my fitness pal so I can be accountable for my downfall. I am worried the fall and winter is coming and I need to keep mindful of what I am eating

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s blueberry bran muffin

l chii, source yogurt

d salad with hard boiled egg

s  not sure will try for nothing after that muffin!

cal 1054, carb 125, prot 80

Zizzler
on 8/27/15 1:26 pm

I was looking at the stats of muffins at tim Horton the other day and was surprised they were even higher than their donuts.  The highest was the chocolate chip one but they were all really high.  Bagels were really high too, I find it diabolical that both were introduced as healthy options when they are just as junky as the donuts.  I bought their greek yogurt the other day which they promote as having 13g protein. They do not mention the 35g of carbs added via the fruit topping and granola.  I guess if they do not make it carby people won't crave it? 

Patm
on 8/27/15 2:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Some of the Starbuck items are even more. I never buy yogurt at these places. I am lucky because there are Shoppers and Rexall near my office that sell healthier yogurt if I get stuck

betony63
on 8/27/15 5:51 pm

Hi everyone,

My daughter's been with me this week and that and work insanity are the reasons I've been MIA.

One good thing, though - I realized I need to be here regularly. It's too easy for me to slip off the rails. I know I made a few not-so-good choices this week and if I keep it up I'll never get to goal. So here I am, back and recommitting... AGAIN

B - protein shake

L - 2 oz. ground chicken, mushrooms and light alfredo sauce, baby lettuce w/ raspberry vinaigrette and a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles

S - 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 20 g wheat thins

D - 2 oz sirloin, grape tomatoes, cucumber and sprinkle of feta, 1 t. greek dressing

S2 - Source Greek yogurt

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

Most Active
Recent Topics