Friday night check in on what you ate today

highlandbear
on 8/28/15 8:36 pm - Canada

Breakfast 1 banana 200 grams of yogurt

snack red plum

lunch true nature bar

did a 40 minute work out and than a yoga class

snack red plum

very late dinner because I went to the peach festival. had a vegetarian burger no bun

snack was a peach.

did a lot of walking today. after yoga my friend and I went shopping for running gear. i ended up buying stuff for my trainer so I can ride the bike inside this winter without damaging my tire. I know I have 3 to 5 hour that I will need to ride this winter once a week.

My coach has given me my schedule for Sept and it is such heavy duty training. That is what happens when you are stupid to sign up for 100 k bike ride and a 25 k race and a marathon

birdiegirl
on 8/29/15 3:49 am

Hi Barb

I don't mean this to be confrontational.  You and I had surgery about the same time I think so my questions are a mixture of concern and curiosity.

First - its fantastic that you have become an athlete and the assistance it has given you to stay fit and keep the weight off.  I like to think that I have also re- embraced my athletic side golfing 3 time a week and adding tennis.  I also lift weights with a trainer and have for almost 6 years.  So, I believe I am as active as you in a different manner.  Golf helps me with endurance and muscles with walking and pushing my cart up hills etc for 4 hours.  Tennis is good overall and for some cardio  - lifting weights is good for my overall body.  I don't have the body stress you have running and biking long distances

My point is this - I would be sick eating as little as you do.  Have you always eaten this little?  A quick run of yesterdays calories = 638 with 43 Protein and 104 carbs.  I understand the carbs for fuel but how do you sustain your energy?  I would feel sick and drop weight like a maniac if I ate as little as you. 

Is this the same eating plan for heavy duty training ( I think you already do some pretty heavy duty training) or will you add more dense food to compensate for the calorie burning?

Seriously, I would feel so sick on this - do you ever feel faint?

highlandbear
on 8/29/15 5:23 am - Canada

Thanks for you concern  My eating  was not a normal day for me. It was one crazy day for me. I usually have about 12 to 1400 calories a day.  Now that I will be getting into some real heavy training I will be adding half bagel to a whole bagel for breakfast. To get the whole in I eat part of it it through the night. set the alarm to have some. It sits beside the bed. That is for my 3 or more hours of running and it will be that for my 100 k bike. 

No I never fainted. I am making changes to my eating since I am trying to lose some weight. 

Most Active
Recent Topics