Monday night check in on what did you eat today

highlandbear
on 8/31/15 5:55 pm - Canada

Well it was a work day and during lunch did my 45 minute gym class than when I came home 45 minute bike ride than shopping at Costco with my cousin

B banana dipped in peanut butter

s plum

lunch half of premier protein bar

s the other of the protein bar

after the bike small handful of peanuts than off shopping

because it was so late I ended up buying a slice of pizza at Costco ate some and give the rest to my husband. Was not sitting well with me

had 5 pieces of melon

Monica9811
on 9/1/15 4:21 am - Peterborough, Canada

Morning Barb. I'm no expert and don't want to sound *****y but your menu is high in fruit which is carbs and sugar and quite low in protein...

B was Greek yogurt and protein cereal

L was open faced chicken quesadilla I ate half and small amount of Caesar salad

S was 1/4 of left over quesadilla 

D was grilled chicken and veggies again with tatziki green onion 2 radishes. 

Karen M.
on 9/1/15 4:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

I've been telling her that (and offering to help with nutrition) since she started posting this thread.

Your dinner sounds SO GOOD - I may change my dinner to that tonight.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 9/1/15 4:39 am

I agree with the other two posters, especially since you are so active you need the protein and calories.  Pizza does not sit well with me either so I just eat the toppings, toss the crust.  I pick a place that has really good quality toppings.

Had a really good eating day, stuck to plan except I made a big greek salad and had that instead of the p28 slice I had planned.  Greek salad is so awesome, loved it.  

meowface
on 9/1/15 7:40 am - Canada

Monday was 6 days out of RNY

Breakfast - half a packet of cream of wheat mixed with 1/2 cup of choco PP (Premier Protein)

Snack - Rest of the PP in a cup with lots of ice, sipped for an hour or so

Lunch - Left over Clam Chowder (mixed in the blender till smooth) 1/4 cup ish

Dinner - Cream of Tomato soup with a spoonful of cottage cheese (1tbs of protein powder mixed into the soup for a protein boost)

Snack - more tomato soup with CC, it's yummers!

Also all water and Vits - finding it very easy to get in the required water at my stage which makes me very happy because I love to drink water. It's totally not as much as I used to though. I used to visit the loo almost on the hour now it's about 5 times a day which is so great.

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

Delicious_Delilah
on 9/1/15 9:51 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi Highland Bear,

I'm less worried about the carbs than the others, but do worry that you aren't getting enough calories for such an active lifestyle.  I have a fairly active lifestyle (kickboxing, weight training, cardio), and know that if I don't get at least 1500 calories, I'm dragging!  I usually have to stay in the 1600-1800 calorie range...which, yes, I know is high, but below that, I start losing weight and feel sluggish.  But that's me.  Everyone is different.

Anyway, not in any way meant to tell you what to do, but wondering how you sustain so much activity on so little!

DD

Karen M.
on 9/1/15 11:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're not a little "interested/perplexed" when someone posts that, over one day, they eat 400 grams of Greek yogurt TWICE, 4 bananas, and other assorted fruit? Cuz that sure as hell concerns me. Especially when someone is reportedly working on losing a 20-pound re-gain. I think your question about "how do you sustain so much activity on so little (food)?" is rather telling - I would guess that no one could. So, something is "weird" here, no?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

highlandbear
on 9/1/15 11:29 am - Canada

I am usually around  1400 hundred calories. Even last night I was over 1300 hundred without adding the pizza and  the melon. I am trying to lose some weight. 

There is one place I can get pizza from that I am OK with. I was on the go last night and it was 8 at night and I needed something. As soon as I saw the grease on the pizza I knew I was going to be in trouble.

I have learned when you work out you need carbs. There was a time I took all carbs out of my diet and I was on the treadmill suppose to be doing a tempo run and just could not do it. My trainer looked at me and said until you start eating some carbs I will not train you. Your body needs it. It helps keep your body running like gas keeps a car going. There are good carbs and bad carbs. Once I started to add fruit to my diet I feel so much better. When I leave the fruit out of my diet my ass is dragging. maybe it is the sugar I get from the fruit that helps me. 

We use to have a class of kicking boxing and loved it but they took that class away. Wish they would bring it back. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/15 1:21 pm, edited 9/1/15 1:22 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Barb if what you posted is all you ate in a day, there is no way that could add up to 1300 calories.  You may want to check what you are entering however you are keeping track as there is no way you are anywhere near 1300 with what you posted.

birdiegirl
on 9/2/15 2:52 am

Actually this menu is better then your menu from last week - Friday night maybe - where you only had a little over 600 calories.

Today, assuming you have a large banana, 2 TB of P/B,  1 oz peanuts and only half the piece of pizza ( clocks in at 620 for a full slice from Costco)  plus your plum/melon and protein bar, you are at 1,191.  ( 133 Carbs-64 protein-58 sugar)  Not the best stats but at least you have your calories up a bit.

Barb its really easy to use Myfitnesspal.  Once you enter your regular foods its easy peasy.  Takes me less then a minute a day to figure out if my choices are fueling my bod.

I bet Kellybelly could give you some samples of her meal choices when training.  Just might give you some idea's of fueling an athletic body that has RNY.

Most Active
Recent Topics