Hotel recomendation near Toronto Western !

fiercebynature
on 10/10/15 7:58 pm

Hello lovely helpful people.

I am at the beginning of this journey.

I have received an orientation date from Toronto Western and now that I know the location of my surgery I need to start planning and saving (money).

If you had your surgery at the Toronto Western and you came from out of town (I'm two hours away) where did you stay post surgery.

Thanks !!

Susan

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

Incognito55
on 10/11/15 3:59 am - Toronto, Canada

There are many people who can help you out, but you won't know your surgery location until closer to the end of the process. Your surgery could be at Toronto Western, but also St Mike's or Toronto General.

congratulations! Even though it feels like I long process it goes by pretty quickly.

Referral-October 2014Orientation (TWH)&Social Worker-January 2015Nutrition Class February 2015Nurse&Psych April 2015Dietician May 2015Surgeon June 2015Surgery August 11 2015 at TWH with Dr Jackson

fiercebynature
on 10/11/15 9:31 pm

Thanks for the information. I did not realize it could be either.

Susan

mypita58
on 10/11/15 12:55 pm - Windsor, Canada

Super 8 on Spadina. Ask for hospital rate.

Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
fiercebynature
on 10/11/15 9:32 pm

Thank you ! I will look that up.

Susan

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/15 4:17 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Super 8 is super close to TWH, like one big city block. Make sure to call the local 647 area code number to ask for the hospital rate as the reservation number knows nothing about it. You want the front desk at the actual hotel to book. You just have to bring in proof that you have an appointment at a hospital to get the rate. I'm from Northern Ontario so they accepted my travel grant to give me that rate but others have just brought in their letters with the appointment listed on hospital letterhead, etc. It's on the 3rd level of a chinese mall right at Spadina and Dundas. I always felt safe there and rooms are decent. They serve breakfast but it's nothing fancy, toast, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, coffee/tea/hot chocolate, juice. If you are travelling with someone, it's something easy for breakfast for them. I never had surgery at TWH but have had many surgeries downtown Toronto and often stayed there as it was so close and remember seeing how close TWH was.

fiercebynature
on 10/12/15 8:50 pm

Thank You for the additional information Tracey!

Oh2BeMe
on 10/12/15 7:19 am

I would suggest you wait until the hospital has confirmed where you are having surgery. I had all my appointments at Toronto Western,including orientation, but my surgery was at Toronto East General.

I did not find this out until I met with the surgeon.

fiercebynature
on 10/12/15 8:51 pm

Thanks!

Oh2BeMe
on 10/12/15 7:19 am

I would suggest you wait until the hospital has confirmed where you are having surgery. I had all my appointments at Toronto Western,including orientation, but my surgery was at Toronto East General.

I did not find this out until I met with the surgeon.

Most Active
Recent Topics