What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

crqvingchange
on 11/1/15 5:42 am

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone survived Halloween. I have to confess that I caved and ate 2 sugar free chocolate mashmallow pumpkins - old demons got me. We ended up going to the neighbours after the trick or treating was done and stayed way too late. As Birdiegirl would say, "back on the horse again today".

Today it's Zumba toning. This hurts my muscles until Thursday but I must be a masochist because I keep going back. Probably coffee with one of my Zumbamates after, then home and chill for the rest of the day.

1 year 3 months post op

B. Very large decaf protein latte

S. Skinny latte

L. Chicken soup

S. Another large decaf coffee

D. Turkey in a little bit of gravy and some asparagus

S. Large cup of beef broth

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 11/1/15 6:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Ended up going to Second City last night. Great show. Drop in to hear my daughter's band but they weren't going on until 11:00pm. Too late for us old folks. The club didn't even open until 10:00.

I am giving a short speech at church this morning about our women's group. I do not really enjoy talking in public but I said I would do it.

Hopefully a walk or bike ride this afternoon. My son became engaged this weekend. I am sure I will not hear how it went until he comes for dinner on Tuesday. Men!

b mushroom cheese omelet

l chicken salad, source yogurt

s celery and peanut butter

d chicken with mushrooms, broccoli

Have good day everyone

crqvingchange
on 11/1/15 9:51 am

Pat congratulations on your son getting engaged. Love Second City, but haven't been in at least 10 years. Thanks for reminding me about it, DH and I will have to go when we are next in TO. I hear you about being old and not staying up late to listen to music. In the spring we went to Reservoir Lounge and loved the music, but by midnight, DH and I both agreed that we were yawning too much and had to take a cab back to the hotel. DH said next time we go there we will have a nap in the afternoon so that we can stay and watch the whole show at night, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

judyeliz
on 11/1/15 8:20 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Good Morning All. Just doing stuff around the house today. I got a betta fish this week. Call him Fishy, how original eh

He takes up a lot of my time........jus****ching.......

Have some chicken I need to finish off today, and making a pork cottage roll for dinner, can't wait, love them. The meat is so soft and juicy I think my pouch will love it too.

B- baked chicken thigh

L- same as breakfast

D- 3oz pork cottage roll, little broccoli and cauliflower with a little cheese sauce.

S- protein shake, and maybe something at bedtime if I am hungry.

Have a great day, bye for now

judy

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

crqvingchange
on 11/1/15 9:52 am

I've never heard of pork cottage roll, but my pouch is intrigued. What is it, and how do you cook it?

judyeliz
on 11/1/15 3:06 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

My mom used to make it when I was a kid. I don't make it that often, but will buy when they go on sale, and Freshco has them on sale this week. It is like a ham, but much softer. Not sure how it has been cured, pickled or smoked. You might be able to buy both. It comes fresh, not frozen in a vacume sealed bag. It feels very soft when you pick it up. It is wrapped in that stretchy string mesh, to keep it together while cooking. I think you can bake it but I just boil it, with garlic, onion, peppercorns, and bay leaf. Usually 2 or 3 hours. When you go to cut it up, it just falls apart, it does have fat in it, but if you pick the right one, it is not so bad, and the fat is really easy to remove from the meat. I think a lot of the fat gets boiled out too. I used to always have it with scalloped potatoes, veg and cheese sauce. Now I just have veg and a little cheese sauce with it. Hubby and son got perogies tonight, and I didn't even have one. I just wanted the meat!

No problem with my pouch either, except I may have had a couple bites too much.

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

crqvingchange
on 11/1/15 3:24 pm

Thanks so much Judy, I will be making a trip to Freshco. I have some Unjury protein cheese sauce powder that would work great with that and I'll pick up some pierogies for DH. That sounds like the perfect comfort food on cold days. Good for you for staying away from the pierogies.

Roma
on 11/1/15 9:11 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Hi! Hope everyoneis making the most of the extra hour.

Housecleaning today and then a long walk with the dog.

4.5 months post op

B premier protein shake

S coffee with cream

L leftover roasted veg and cod

D leftover chickpeas and more roasted veg

S greek yogurt and strawberries

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Most Active
Recent Topics