What are you doing/eating today ( Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 11/24/15 4:19 am

RNY  6 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Up a good part of the night again.  My bod just hurts all over.  Today, going to view the sandcastle sculptures on Ft Myers beach - movie after then out to Bonefish for dinner. 

STEPS - 5567

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Ham and pickle on an Arnold's thins

S - 1/2 a small popcorn with butter at the theatre

D - will share apps with my DH - mussels - coconut shrimp (2) - Caesar salad - 1/2 - 1/2 loaf of their warm sourdough

S - Light and Fit Greek

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,411,  Carbs - 96 Grams,  Protein - 101 Grams,  Fiber - 16 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 11/24/15 4:44 am

Good morning everyone.  Finally starting to feel more like myself.  My cold seems to be on it's way out, but I still have the troll voice.  For a while it was so bad that I thought I was going to have to take up residence under a bridge.

Today is going to be an easy day.  After a little cleanup around the house, I am going swimming but more just to paddle around, nothing too strenuous because I'm still getting head spin every once and a while.

1 year 4 months post op

B. Protein coffee

S. Large decaf

L. Protein shake

S. More decaf

D. scrambled egg, PC apple turkey sausage, salsa

S. Large hot SF apple cider 

MFP totals Calories 584, Carbs 41, Fat 22, Protein 71

Exercise: splashing around for 60 minutes

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 11/24/15 5:28 am

Not a lot of food on your menu today CC - could that be contributing to the head spins?  You probably don't feel like eating.

crqvingchange
on 11/24/15 5:50 am

I really haven't felt like eating anything, but I am trying to keep up with the fluids.  Today is the first day that I've really planned to eat anything solid.  We'll see how that goes because my throat had been so sore.  Thankfully I have an emergency supply of soup (a good Girl Guide is always prepared, lol)  if solid food is a no go.  The head spins started on day 1 of the cold.  

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 11/24/15 6:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a rough cold

Zizzler
on 11/24/15 4:53 am

birdigirl sorry you are not feeling well, hope you feel better soon. First day waking up to know on the ground over here, and may I just say...yuk!  Someone sent me this link this morning:  http://my.happify.com/hd/10-ways-to-get-rid-of-your-bad-mood /  It made me smile.  

15 months post op

B - Gnc lean chocolate shake with decaf coffee added, decaf coffee throughout the day

s - plain liberte greek yogurt with a few grapes, later...sf cherry koolaid

l - 1 cup leftover crockpot Apple cider vinegar cabbage pork loin dish

s - liberte greek yogurt with cherry sf koolaid added to sweeten it

d - 1 cup homemade ground beef stew with carrots and turnips

s - homemade protein shake after workout, later...small bell pepper with walden farms french dressing.  First time trying it, it's not half bad!

All water and vitamins, have a good one y'all!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

crqvingchange
on 11/24/15 5:13 am

Thanks for sharing the link Zizzler.  Some of it sounds like my yoga instructor, but some made me laugh out loud.  Maybe I'll invite my cold to the movies and leave it there.

birdiegirl
on 11/24/15 5:27 am

You sound like you are feeling better about things - Hope so.

Your dinner sounds so good - I love stew, especially when it turns cold.  Cant buy pre-peeled or cubed turnip here and I miss it.  Love it in soups/stews or just mashed on its own.

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/15 5:57 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Just peel and cube your own lol  I do the whole turnip at once and freeze the cubes to throw in stew at a later day.  Just have to clean it once to get many pots of stew out of that turnip.  Cooks even faster after being frozen for mashing as well.  I always freezer the cubes before making a turkey dinner so I know they will cook quickly.

birdiegirl
on 11/24/15 2:42 pm

I hate, loathe and despise peeling and chopping turnip.  My wrists thank me for not performing this torturous prep.  I was so excited the first time I saw peeled and chopped turnip that I pre-ordered 6 packages for Christmas dinner as I was afraid they would sell out.

I usually cook turnip the day before Christmas/Thanksgiving and then re-heat the day of.  I find it is one veg that tastes even better the next day.  I loves me some turnip I do.

Most Active
Recent Topics