Weight Loss ? - Almost 2 month Post Op

manders6
on 1/18/16 10:18 am
RNY on 11/23/15

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit worried because I am almost at the two month mark and I was told that between 5 and 12 weeks that is when you really loose the weight!  I am just not feeling it!  What is usually expected for weight loss during this time?  1lb a week?  4lbs a week?  I am exercising 3 times a week for 30 minutes on the elliptical, watching what I am eating, drinking my water but not getting the weight loss I guess I was expecting!  What am I doing wrong?

Please share your experiences because I am really getting worried!  Suggestions?  What is realistic?

Amanda

aka Manders6

Delicious_Delilah
on 1/18/16 10:43 am - Ottawa, Canada

First of all, breathe!  You really lose the weight in the first 12 to 18 months!!  You've got a ton of time.  You're body will go through stalls.  Do a search for that, and you'll see a ton of threads on the subject.  Your body will enter starvation mode, and refuse to release weight until it can no longer hold on to those pounds, and then whoosh, there it goes.  Don't compare yourself to others.  Everyone is different.  Stick to the plan, track your food, move, and it will all work itself out.  If your a person who's going to stress about it, try only weighing yourself once a month (though I'm a daily weigher myself!).

You'll do fine!

DD

Mommyx3
on 1/18/16 10:52 am - Canada

I am also 2 months post op and I wasn't feeling the loss either however my centre told me everyone is different and you may be losing inches and not realizing it.  I didn't take my measurements but I have noticed in clothes that they are becoming loose so I'm sure I am losing inches.  I go to the gym 3-4 days a week and I am burning around 400 calories a day and my intake is usually 600-700 per day.  I am at the 49lbs lost mark and I have decided that it is very difficult to compare yourself to others and their loss as everyone is different and I have decided to make my own little goals that I can obtain like this week I am determined to get to 52 lbs lost.  I know I can achieve it and as far as seeing slow numbers on the scale I totally understand.  I was tying to compare myself to others and felt that it should be coming off much quicker but it was stressing me out more which was not helping.  As long as you are following the guidelines for eating I think you will be ok.  Another option is to call your centre and talk to dietician that's why they are there.  Maybe some reassurance on your meal choices will help.  Maybe also in your area there is a support group you can attend.  I went to my first one a few weeks ago and plan on going back it may help to hear from people first hand their journey and how they lost the pounds.  

Alligator
on 1/18/16 5:39 pm

I'm five weeks out and I've only lost 17 lbs.  and today I tried on same pants, and they are still snug around the waist.  So I know how you're feeling.  I've got to say, though, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to exercise.  I'm tired, and it's cold out.  But I'm in this for the long haul.  I think your weight loss is great.

Alligator

manders6
on 1/26/16 12:47 pm
RNY on 11/23/15

I am not one that likes to go out for walks specifically but I have joined a gym and really like going.  I used to find them intimiating because of all of the buff guys and girls but I have to tell myself that this is my journey and not theirs.  I might look like this now but I wont soon!  Fingers crossed!  I do find it really tiresome and cold too and motivation can be a drag!  Its hard to get motivated when you are expecting one thing and getting another.  I just have to focus on that I am loosing weight even if it is just a couple pounds here and there.  As long as we are not gaining I am sure it will be ok!

Amanda

aka Manders6

Alligator
on 1/26/16 4:59 pm

You know, I just hate the exercise.  It's cold here, so I don't feel like walking outside, and although I have a treadmill, it mostly collects dust.  I have to get hustling.  I have a goal I want to reach by Feb 17, and I'm a ways away :(

ive had so many gym memberships over the years, I just can't do another one, but good for you!  That will get the weight off quickly!

Alligator

manders6
on 2/6/16 6:17 am
RNY on 11/23/15

Well, I do not know if the weight is coming off more quickly with going to the gym.  But it does give me time away from everyone and its something I am doing for myself which isnt something that happens often.  I am starting to like it.  I haven't been able to go three times a week every week like I want to but I am getting there so I think thats what matters.  Life always gets in the way!

I am sure you will make your goal on Feb 17th.  I know it can be frustrating because some weeks your loose like 4 or 5 pounds and then others you loose maybe 2.  Or atleast that is what I am finding.

Good luck!

Amanda

aka Manders6

Most Active
Recent Topics